-6 Month Contract
LinkedIn recently announced its Most inDemand Employers: 2013. Many of the top 10 rely on CompuCom to provide the highest quality IT talent. Find your dream job today!
Currently we're seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to design and support the persistence solutions that power our client's payments platform. The team is responsible for ensuring the security, performance and availability of the eCommerce payments experience supporting millions of customers (developers, buyers and sellers).
The ideal candidate will have experience with large-scale, massively concurrent, highly available distributed Oracle systems. You will be working with a group of talented and dedicated DBAs and software engineers. Your focus will be on the health of our entire application stack through the lifecycle of the system. Your experience with Oracle will be critical to your success; however as a persistence engineer, you will influence the designs of services and solutions using your knowledge multiple technologies.
As a core member of the application development team, we need someone with a proven ability to rapidly master complex new skills and concepts. You will need to be able to work independently under pressure to resolve operational issues and contribute new thoughts and ideas to solve complex issues in a multi-facet team. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement comprehensive security solutions to protect data at rest.
- Define and develop projects that reduce operational costs and automate regular tasks.
- Review and recommend logical design and be able to convert logical into physical design.
- Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available persistence systems.
- Maintain our global fleet of Oracle instances as part of our on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years relevant experience, with at least 2 years support Oracle 10g / 11g on Unix / Linux
- Experience in a 24X7 production environment
- Working knowledge of Oracle DBA best practices
- Experience in working with High Availability solutions
- Good working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., shell, perl, python).
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented, agile, flexible
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
CompuCom, the leading IT outsourcing specialist, delivers IT your way. Our clients like working with us because they know that, with CompuCom, it's all about you. Our unique ITSM strategy blends your data center, network, voice, and end user computing environments in an innovative fashion. This radically simplifies your IT, allowing you to focus on growing your business and serving your customers. We are highly regarded by worldwide and regional organizations alike for our pragmatic approach, best practices, and highly skilled workforce. This balance provides the perfect alternative to address the evolving challenges facing you, today and in the future. More than a trusted advisor, CompuCom is your trusted doer. To learn more, visit www.CompuCom.com .
- Working knowledge of Java a plus
- Experience doing performance tuning and testing of complex, enterprise-level software products
- Experience with data warehousing and business intelligence applications a strong plus
- Capacity monitoring and management capabilities
- Strong query and database tuning skills
- Fast troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Strong understanding of hardware performance, memory and I/O
- Experience and success in automating administrative tasks
CompuCom - 30+ days ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...