Responsible for supervising, maintaining, setting up, food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings and other food items prepared in the broiler and saute stations, as well as the grill and other stations as needed.
1. Represents the food production on a daily basis.
2. Makes staff schedules on weekly basis to ensure coverage of all essential times while maintaining a minimum wage cost.
3. Ensures that SOP's are followed.
4. Enforces company policies ensuring they are in effect regarding:
1) Clean as you go.
2) Proper uniform worn.
3) Month end inventories taken.
4) Safety training on food handling equipment; accident reports written.
5) Payroll procedures and time cards followed to include management only authorization of overtime.
6) Follow requisition of food items policy.
7) BEO's costed on daily basis.
8) Recipe cards developed, followed and used in conjunction with use records.
9) Update use records as needed.
10) Follow-up on production charts to ensure no over producing and waste.
11) Follow-up on taste panels.
5. Assigns production and preparation levels based on projected business forecast. Indicates plan to work out any leftovers or dead items.
6. Supervises and directs training in food production areas.
7. Checks to see appropriate records are complete.
8. Supervises and ensures that compliance of recipes is maintained and that quarterly audits are completed.
9. Holds food production meeting daily.
10.Controls the proper storage of product (stocks and sauces needing special attention), and portion control size.
11.Keep all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
12.Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in the work station.
13.Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes, requires stamina for standing and strength for lifting and moving products.
14.Ability and willingness to work all stations in the kitchen.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Groups from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel and must be flexible to perform the scheduled needs on a consistent basis.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotel Groups rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
Comply with local health department standards, i.e., safe temperatures and sanitizing solution. Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using another combination of skills and abilities.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of saute baked and broiled cooking methods.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 400 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Cooking experience required (Hot Line cooking) Preparation of certain items will be required before hiring.
Licenses or certificates: Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Other: Note: The hotel functions seven (7) days a week and twenty-four (24) hours per day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift as business demands.
Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of our conscious effort. All associates, therefore, are to provide a QUALITY PRODUCT and HOSPITABLE SERVICE.