Become a part of an innovative, education software company where we are delivering products and services to change the way educational content is delivered across the world! Ingram Content Group (ICG) is currently recruiting for a MySQL Database Administrator to join VitalSource Technologies (VST) . This DBA will be responsible for installing, configuring, administering and maintaining MySQL to support business needs and application development, utilizing strong technical, communications and prioritization skills. This individual will coordinate, review, analyze and approve the physical database requirements of MySQL databases and all associated objects; such as, but not limited to tables, views, and indexes. This person will ensure Database security, optimum performance of databases, backup & recovery and disaster recovery.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Develop, implement, and maintain MySQL database structures in test, quality assurance, and production environments utilizing current standards and procedures.
- Provide performance-related support and systems related support for MySQL data structures in test, quality assurance, and production environments utilizing current tool-sets.
- Provide support on all the stages of database implementation and/or database related deployments
- Installation of new MySQL instances, applying necessary patches and version upgrades.
- Run diagnostic tools to identify database performance bottlenecks, and take appropriate corrective actions to improve database performance. Work with development teams to tune SQL queries.
- Ensure database connectivity requirements are met and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Responsible for capacity planning and installation of database software, including upgrade and patch management.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure the database integrity and security.
- Troubleshoot MySQL performance and non-performance related issues either independently or in conjunction with other DBAs.
- Manage backup/recovery for MySQL instances and provide Disaster Recovery (DR) support.
- Management of database and resource capacity planning.
- Implement and enforce database security based upon best practice, industry regulations, and company policies.
- Participate in project meetings, as necessary, to understand application and database requirements.
- Utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Provide 24 hour on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR year for year directly related experience.
- 3 years experience with Relational Database Management Systems with MS MySQL as a DBA.
- 1 year work experience with the design, creation and maintenance of database engine and its structures.
- 1 year work experience with the development and revision of database standards, procedures and strategies
- Knowledge of MySQL High Availability technologies is a plus.
- Experience in Managining Linux Servers is a plus.
- MS in Computer related major is a big plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V We participate in EVerify.
Ingram Content Group - 10 months ago
If you are reading a book, Ingram Content Group is probably behind it. Ingram is the leader in helping content reach its destination...