Maintain a safe and sanitary environment in patient rooms and assigned areas for Sanford Health patients, visitors and associates by following infection control, safety and procedural guidelines. |
Environmental Services Shift Manager/As Assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Ability to use computer and prior cleaning experience is helpful. Knowledge of materials, equipment, cleaning methods and cleaning chemicals is helpful. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills are required. Previous custodial experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
Job Specific Competencies
- Performs cleaning and disinfecting in patient rooms and areas as assigned throughout Sanford Health.
- Ability to interact with patients, visitors and associates in a friendly and efficient manner to meet customer needs.
- Collects daily solid waste in all assigned areas of Sanford Health, including medical waste and recycled.
- Participates in ongoing training and education.
- Follows specific job task assignments for area of assignment in Environmental Services.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category I position under OSHA guidelines with high risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -