Alcoa is the world’s leading producer of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina. In addition to inventing the modern-day aluminum industry, Alcoa innovation has been behind major milestones in the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, consumer electronics and industrial markets over the past 120 years. Among the solutions Alcoa markets are flat-rolled products, hard alloy extrusions, and forgings, as well as Alcoa® wheels, fastening systems, precision and investment castings, and building systems in addition to its expertise in other light metals such as titanium and nickel-based super alloys. Sustainability is an integral part of Alcoa’s operating practices and the product design and engineering it provides to customers. Alcoa has been a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for nine consecutive years and approximately 75 percent of all of the aluminum ever produced since 1888 is still in active use today. Alcoa employs approximately 59,000 people in 31 countries across the world.
We are looking for an entry level Assistant Sourcing Manager to join Alcoa's Procurement Team. This position will be located Alcoa's Corporate Center on the North Shore in Pittsburgh, PA. The Assistant Sourcing Manager will assist and/or lead in the development and execution of sourcing initiatives in North America for an assigned group of categories based upon commodity area. The role will collaboratively use supplier and market data, and perform activities that support Indirect Commodity Management in planning, sourcing, contracting and supplier relationships. This position will assist or lead in planning and execution of sourcing projects and interact with other Procurement groups and stakeholders to implement relevant strategies for MRO, IT, EHS, Corporate Services or other indirect commodity categories as assigned. This position will create and manage leveraged agreements, establish relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers to facilitate and implement planning, sourcing and contracting pursuits. This position will assist in and/or lead a specific group of commodities to focus on performing the following functions for North American indirect commodity areas.
- Assist in the management of current contract portfolio, and implementation and on-going management of new sourcing initiatives.
- Assist or develop long-range sourcing strategies for assigned commodities.
- Become subject matter expert in the supply market for assigned commodity area(s). Advise current and future market trends.
- Use supplier and market data to incorporate business unit requirements, develop commodity strategies, and optimize Alcoa’s competitive position.
- Participate in supplier selection, supplier negotiations, and create and monitor supplier agreements.
- Research and identify potential suppliers for Alcoa business units.
- Identify, implement and manage supplier relationships to support Alcoa business unit requirements.
- Assist more senior sourcing staff in the development and implementation of comprehensive strategic sourcing strategies for designated commodity areas through cross-functional sourcing, commodity, and spend category teams by identifying opportunities for process improvement and cost savings.
- Analyze spend portfolio and determines overall procurement approach for assigned categories based on magnitude of dollars, strategic importance and opportunity for value delivery.
- Master the contracting process (negotiation, contract preparation and administration), tactical and transactional activity for assigned categories.
- Deliver commercially sound supplier contracts that meet business units’ technology, quality and cost goals that provide optimum protection of company assets.
- Interfaces with strategic suppliers and business units to identify opportunities to reduce costs, standardize goods or services, adapt new supplier technologies, solve problems involving pricing or supplier performance.
- Identify and execute opportunities for procurement cost reduction and supplier performance improvement, including alternating suppliers and products, renegotiating contracts to account for market changes, and working in conjunction with appropriate functional areas as needed.
- Facilitate the transfer of best practices and continuous improvement processes and practices for designated categories of spend.
- Deliver and track quantifiable financial benefits and value creation proportionate to the category spend.
- Learn and execute the leveraging process and the overall Strategic Sourcing process for the commodity.
- Manage the spend and usage analysis for the commodity in coordination with market intelligence resources.
- Work with business units and procurement leadership to identify, scope, validate and then execute special projects that will result in measurable value to Alcoa.
- Travel to major Alcoa and supplier facilities as needed to understand client requirements, manage special projects and supplier's ability to meet Alcoa's requirements.
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...