"Why choose Penn Medicine?
As a professional, you are seeking to join one of the nation's leading academic medical centers, servicing patients from all over the world. Penn Medicine believes that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees! Our campus' offer tobacco free environments and our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. Employees who certify that they do not use tobacco products are eligible to receive an Earned Premium Discount on the cost of their medical benefits. Penn Medicine has been awarded several national healthcare quality awards and we seek employees who are engaged and excited about our mission of continued service excellence and ongoing professional development.
We believe that your life will be enriched should you become a Penn Medicine employee and we thank you for your interest in our organization."
Overall responsibility for coordination and management of I/T activities and projects at a UPHS designated site or entity. Manages & oversees projects coordinating with the UPHS PMO, applications teams, outsourced IT functions, external consultants, vendors, and UPHS departments and divisions. Responsible for managing the overall site based I/T activities and projects from system selection, project justification (ROI), budgeting process, delivery, closure, and day-to-day operations. Responsibilities also include coordination with capital project managers and hospital department staff, conducting risk assessment and mitigation, and problem resolution, ensures the completion of projects within budget and the integration of these new systems with existing clinical, administrative and financial systems. Coordinate with IS and departmental management in the annual planning process. Participate in the management of the day-to-day delivery of IS services through appropriate personnel.
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 3 years of project management experience with demonstrated increase in responsibility and project complexity
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a healthcare environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare operations and systems
• Ability and experience coordinating the activities and deliverables of two to ten staff on a project team from various areas of an organization
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of personal skill sets
• Strong communication skills with particular emphasis on listening to end user requirements and communicating viable alternatives
• Demonstrated experience in the use of Project Management tools and methodologies (Project Plans, work breakdown structures, testing artifacts, go-live planning, etc.)
• Able to deliver clear and concise product presentations and to write clearly and effectively
• Strong business analyst skills, specifically with business and functional requirements development
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of Project Management disciplines in a complex Information Systems environment required
• Solid understanding of Information Systems infrastructure capabilities (Wide Area Network, Desktop Support, Telecommunications, Wireless Networking…)
"At Penn Medicine, you will enjoy the camaraderie and support that you will experience at our prestigious institution. As a recipient of the Philadelphia Business journal's healthiest employer award, we continue our commitment to help our employees maintain healthy lifestyles. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest pre paid tuition assistance programs in the region.
Your Life is Worth Penn Medicine
A leader in medicine for more than 240 years, Penn opened its School of Medicine, the nation's first, in 1765. The Hospital of the...