The Department Secretary is responsible for providing and coordinating a variety of secretarial, computer, clerical, and ordering functions necessary for the operation and support of the medical staff/providers and department. The secretary works as part of a team and frequently acts as a liaison between department staff and internal/external customers (communications, scheduling meetings, directing callers, maintaining department files, etc.).
- Required: High school graduate or equivalent and general secretarial training or experience.
- Desired: Formal clerical/secretarial training.
- Required: Recent graduate of a clerical/secretarial training program or 2 years of applicable experience.
- Desired: 2-5 years experience in health care/clerical position.
- Required: General secretarial duties, proficient typist (45 wpm) and proficient spelling/grammar skills (per test), excellent telephone skills, organizational and communication skills. Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to operate department specific computer software applications using Windows and Microsoft Office. Must be courteous, friendly, diplomatic, tactful and capable of keeping information confidential.
- Desired: Experience in Excel (basic level), Word (intermediate level), PowerPoint (basic level), Lotus notes (or other e-mail program).
Gundersen Health System - 20 months ago