VOTING ANALYST – CONTROLS & AUDIT
ABOUT MSCI Inc. ( www.msci.com )
MSCI Inc. is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. MSCI products and services include indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools.
The company’s flagship product offerings are: the MSCI indices which include over 120,000 daily indices covering more than 70 countries; Barra portfolio risk and performance analytics covering global equity and fixed income markets; RiskMetrics market and credit risk analytics; ISS out-sourced proxy research, voting and vote reporting services; CFRA forensic accounting risk research, legal/regulatory risk assessment, and due-diligence; and FEA valuation models and risk management software for the energy and commodities markets. MSCI is headquartered in New York, with research and commercial offices around the world.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
The MSCI ISS Voting Operations team is seeking an analyst for the ISS Control & Audit Team. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the process improvement and quality control function for various areas within the ISS Governance business. This position is unique in that it will support the ISS Securities Class Action Services (SCAS) team for several months prior to taking on the day to day CAT responsibilities listed below.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Monitor, Identify and mitigate risk within the Voting Business.
- Continuously improve process controls surrounding ballot/vote processing, account maintenance, N-PX delivery and other critical areas, to drive efficiency and accuracy within the Voting and Global Proxy Distribution products.
- Build a comprehensive Controls and Audit Document/Manual to be posted on-line, update it quarterly and ensure it is shared with all key business groups.
- Successfully complete SSAE 16 / ISAE 3402 type two audits on an annual basis.
- Educate business and account management teams on the importance of risk in their activities and its impact on our success.
- Serve as the control and audit expert for a defined area of audit responsibility.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc non-production based audits and ensure delivery of results to appropriate business teams.
- Manage the control weakness reports process, including perform root cause analysis of control breakdowns, implement interim changes and define and implement long-term solutions to mitigate risk.
- Write and maintain portions of the Controls and Audit Document/Manual with the goal of continuous risk mitigation and process improvement.
- Prepare and present findings to business leaders, including developing PowerPoint documents.
- Provide subject matter expertise in pre-sales, up-sell, on-boarding and ongoing client support activities.
- Drive process improvement implementation in conjunction with the business and operations teams.
- Provide regular briefings to Account Management, Voting Business and Research staff on critical findings, key process improvements and other relevant topics.
- Conduct quarterly double check of Audits/Controls for one or more Voting Operations teams, including the validation of data within and execution of the teams’ workload reports. Assist Voting Operations to ensure that that they have all necessary audits/reports in place to address risk and all audits/reports pass the quarterly reviews.
- Provide operational support for the Vote Disclosure Service
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. MSCI Inc. complies with applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. MSCI Inc. agrees to provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with its obligations under applicable law.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous ISS Operational Experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills with office applications.
- Ability to create and leverage SQL queries for troubleshooting a plus
- Team player and an excellent relationship builder.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills – defining of scope, resources and time lines, and managing to deliverables.
- Innovative, motivated, client-oriented and commercially-aware thinker.
MSCI - 18 months ago