DEPARTMENT: Re manufacturing CLASSIFICATION: Non- Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Remanufacturing and DIVISION: Plant Operations
Scope/Purpose of Position:
The Assembly Technician test s telephon y equipment based on work instructions which also includes disassembling and reassembling phones and other equipment as well as performing minor repairs. This work is expected to meet both quality and productivity requirements. RESPONSIBILITIES : · Test , disassemble , reassemble , program and repair various phones or other equipment including cabinetry or backboards
- Replace plastics and other mandatory replacement parts
- Program and t est l oad various commands on equipment
- Meet quality and productivity metric s for each product to maximize output
- Follow work procedures to minimize cost of production
- Other duties or task as assigned by supervisor
- M odel appropriate behavior in regards to Optus’ Core Values and Code of Ethics Policies and supports Optus’ team approach to Quality
PREFERRED SKILLS :
- Vocational Degree or Equivalent required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1- 2 years of experience in telephone, computer or other electrical equipment repair and assembly
- Must be able to follow written work i nstructions
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and able to demonstrate excellent customer service, a keen attention to detail a nd great organizational habit
- T his position requires the successful candidate to be able to multi-task, work within externally developed deadlines, and respond promptly and efficiently to change.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS : Minimal or no travel of off-site locations.
- Computer experience with an ERP system such as Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- Basic u nderstand ing of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Understand TFTP servers used to upgrade terminals
- Ab ility to enter programming to clear/reset terminals
Ability to read, write, and communicate both orally and written to external and i nternal customers and employees. Normal vision and n ormal hearing with or without correction . Ability to lift and/or carry up to 40 lbs., periodically, throughout workday . Ability to stand, walk , climb stairs, sit in one place, squat and kneel continuously throughout day . Ability to reach, bend , and twist continuously throughout day . Ability to use hands and feet together for repetitive, coordinated motions. Ability to use hands for gripping and squeezing, as well as repetitive hand and wrist motions. Ability to work together effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
Monster - 11 months ago