TAKE CHARGE! Stand out with a leader. PCL is a construction leader in buildings, infrastructure and heavy industrial markets, with a long tradition of excellence that spans over a century. We are a 100% employee-owned group of independent operating companies. With an annual volume over $5 billion, we are ranked as the 8th largest contractor by Engineering News Record. We have also been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by numerous publications. Our people have helped us stand out as one of North America’s leading general contracting organizations. We’re always looking for new talent--dynamic individuals who can bring enthusiasm and innovative solutions to every project. We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer for PCL Industrial Services, Inc. in Bakersfield, CA.
PCL Industrial Services, Inc. is a full service heavy industrial general contractor, servicing the oil production, petrochemical, mining, power and cogeneration, gas compression and gas transmission industries, primarily in the southwestern United States. Our services include general construction, construction management, and engineering/ procurement/construction (EPC).
Summary of duties: The project engineer is accountable for all engineering required to construct the project. He is accountable to and draws authority from the shop manager.
The general duties of the project engineer are to assist the project superintendent as required, including:
Safety & Environment
Project Planning & Execution
- Assisting in implementing and monitoring the Project Specific Safety & Environment Plan
- Assisting inspectors with the reporting function (e.g. environmental reports)
- Performing field engineering design and drafting, including assisting in formwork design, preparing layout and concrete outline (lift) drawings.
- Keeping accurate field engineering records.
- Performing field surveying and maintaining project survey records.
- Assisting with inventory and warehousing of materials and equipment.
- Expediting material orders
- Keeping progress schedules up-to-date.
Progress Monitoring & Field Production
- Assisting in implementing and monitoring the Quality Plan
- Assisting site inspectors with testing and reporting functions (e.g. coordination of concrete test cylinders)
- Coordinating inspection duties
Project Document Controls & Procedures
- Preparing quantities for project costing
- Preparing quantity take-off where directed (for production analysis or material orders, etc.).
- Reviewing shop drawings and obtain approvals.
- Properly recording field change notices.
- Setting up and maintaining project filing system.
- Ensuring the contract documents (drawings and specifications) in use on the project are the latest version. Keeping the project documents up-to-date.
- Maintaining one complete set of contract documents containing all versions of each document for record purposes.
- Establishing, maintaining, and monitoring document control logs (e.g. contract documents, RFI’s, submittals, etc.)
- Coordinating and assisting with information distribution to subcontractor and own forces.
- Producing and logging project photographic records
- Assist in preparation of as-built drawings and maintenance manuals.
- Liaise with subcontractors on field details.
An ideal candidate would have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- ASME Code Section 8, Division 1 knowledge required.
- Two or more years experience in design of pressure vessels. Internship experience will be considered.
- Solidworks/Cosmos experience.
- At least one year of experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success being a team player and working well with others.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast pace environment.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Estimating experience a plus.
PCL offers one of the finest benefit programs in the industry including medical, dental, Rx, vision, life, AD&D, disability, 3 weeks of paid vacation, FlexAccount, 401(k), stock ownership and much more. Join a dynamic team with a 100 year tradition of excellence and growth.
Interested applicant should apply online at www.PCL.com. Select ‘Careers’ from the welcome page, then select ‘Bakersfield’ then select ‘Current Opportunities’. No phone calls, or walk-ins please.
PCL Industrial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
PCL Constructors Inc. - 2 years ago