Smith Micro Software, Inc. provides software and services that simplify, secure, and enhance the mobile experience. The Company’s portfolio of wireless solutions includes a wide range of client and server applications that manage voice,
data, video, and connectivity over mobile broadband networks. Our primary customers are the world’s leading mobile network operators, mobile device manufacturers, and enterprise businesses.
Join an innovative company that has developed extensive expertise in embedded software for networked devices (both wireless and wired), which has been leverage to solve an unending tide of connectivity and mobile services challenges for customers.
The ideal candidate is a experienced Linux system administrator with 3+ years of hands-on experience managing hosted applications as well as installing, configuring, maintaining, securing, debugging, and monitoring Redhat Linux ES servers; application server management experience with JBoss 4.0.5/4.2 and Apache/Tomcat.
Responsibilities will include:
performance and utilization of system resources
- Diagnose performance problems
- Deploy and support server infrastructure and applications
- Mastery of shell scripting
- Help develop tools to maintain andmonitor the server, network and storage infrastructure; track
Provide 24x7 on-call coverage in a rotating schedule
- Deploy and support J2EE (preferablyJBoss) applications into a high availability environment
- Maintain network services such as DNS,LDAP, and NTP
- Manage, monitor, and optimize on-line, near-online and off-line storage systems (NAS, SAN, NFS etc)
- Plan and implement smooth transitions between product revisions and application deployments
- Maintain documentation for systems and data storage process and procedures
Experience / Skills Required:
- RedHat Linux, Windows Server, TCP/IP Networking, SSH, Bourne, Perl and shell scripting, Cisco IOS, load balancers. Familiar with network distributed computing environments and experience with running large (300 plus servers) datacenter and high transactional production environments.
- Strong shell scripting using standard conventions
- Basic network adapter configuration and routing
- Strong problem solving and analysis of system and application errors
- Configuration and use of ssh, scp, ntp, mail (sendmail)
- Strong ability to gather and quickly analyze data through dynamic scripting or managed collection of data to isolate issues
Smith Micro Software, Inc. - 21 months ago