FACULTY POSITION OPENING: #13-37
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, NORTHRIDGE
Northridge, California 91330
Department: Recreation & Tourism Management
Rank: Lecturer - Faculty Position Academic Year
Effective Date of Appointment: 2013-2014 AY (Subject to Budgetary Approval)
Salary: Commensurate with background and experience
CSUN is a Learning Centered University. The successful candidate will be expected to join faculty and staff in a commitment to active learning, to the assessment of learning outcomes, and to multiple pathways that enable students to graduate.
- Applicants must have a Master's degree (doctorate preferred) in Recreation, Recreational Sports Management, Aquatic Management, or Tourism Management or related field at time of appointment.
- Evidence of effective college/university teaching is desirable.
- Evidence of significant professional experience in program development and management is required.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse student and faculty population and community partners is required.
- Evidence of successful grant and/or fund development and acquisition is desirable.
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to work in the United States.
Evidence of degree(s) required at time of hire.
- Serve as director of CSUN Aquatic Center and oversee the grant writing, fund development, facility management, marketing, and staff supervision of the Aquatic Center at Castaic Lake. Directing the Aquatic Center involves approximately 50% teaching in RTM department and approximately 50% administration and will vary by semester and academic year and the needs of the program. A summer commitment is required and additional remuneration is provided by the Center contingent on available funding.
- Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses in specialty areas of instruction in one or more of the following areas: outdoor aquatic recreation or other recreation management classes listed in the undergraduate or graduate program. Please review our web site for complete list of department courses and degree requirements.
- Encourage the development of the 'whole student' as reflected in the RTM Student Learning Outcomes.
- Develop external and internal grants and funding that support the Aquatic Center and tie together related research initiatives of the Center and the RTM department.
- The successful candidate may be required to teach on weekdays, including evenings, and possibly weekends and teaching assignments may be at either the Castaic Lake facility or at the main CSUN campus.
- Participate in departmental and university assessment process.
- The successful candidate may be required to supervise programs on weekdays and possibly weekends.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, vitae, three current letters of recommendation, and evidence of teaching ability and scholarship, and professional experience that meet the qualifications of this position. Screening will begin on June 7, 2013. Position remains open until filled. Documents may be submitted electronically.
Inquiries and nominations should be addressed to:
Department of Recreation and Tourism Management
Dr. Al Wright, Department Chair ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8269
RTM Department: The Recreation and Tourism Management Department offers Bachelors and Master's degree programs in recreation, tourism and hospitality. Students pursue a diverse set of career opportunities based in common disciplines of program planning for recreation experiences and management of recreation organizations.
CSUN Aquatic Center:
The Aquatic Center is a center of the Recreation and Tourism Management Department with a mission to teach and promote boating and water safety education through credit, non-credit, and community service programs. Additional information on program offerings is available at our website. The RTM aquatic center provides services to students and the community with over 10,000 people served each year through a variety of programs. The center is located at Castaic Lake, 25 miles from the main campus in Northridge, CA.
California State University, Northridge, one of the largest of the 23 campuses of The California State University system, is located twenty-five miles northwest of central Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley, a suburb with a multi-cultural population of over one million people. The University enrolls approximately 36,911 students (29,670 FTEs) from diverse backgrounds, served by 4,000 faculty. Nine Colleges offer baccalaureate degrees in 69 degree programs, master's degrees in 58 graduate degree programs, 2 doctorate graduate program and 55 teaching credentials in the field of education, and various opportunities in extended learning and other special programs. For more information about the University, check our website: http://www.csun.edu/ .
In compliance with the Annual Security Report & Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Northridge has made crime-reporting statistics available on-line at http://www-admn.csun.edu/police/clery-report.pdf . Print copies are available in the library and by request from the Department of Police Services and the Office of Faculty Affairs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for a disability may contact the Office of Equity and Diversity, (818) 677-2077.
The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
HigherEdJobs - 8 months ago
Executive Vice President
Santa Monica CVB
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Marketing Association International
- 13 days ago