This position is responsible for the repair of products in the customer’s home. Products repaired include Lawn and Garden equipment, Riding Mowers, Push Mowers, Tractors, Tractor attachments, Tillers, Snow Throwers, Log Splitters, Chippers, Shredders, VACs, Grills, Power Tools, Garage Door Openers, Recreation Equipment, and a variety of other home appliances.
This position provides timely and quality repairs of customers’ products while maintaining high customer service. Additionally, technicians promote and sell additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the company. We provide a service van, specialized tools, uniforms, laptop computer, cell telephone, and periodic training.
To provide the proper customer focus, the In-Home Service Technician must:
· Work as a dedicated team member to ensure fast, flexible and expert service to every customer
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet customer time commitments · Successfully complete all Technician training elements within required timeframes
· Meet key performance metrics and/or productivity goals as defined by the business
· Provide knowledgeable and courteous repair service
· Continuously look for methods to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
· Follow the Value Added Services Process (i.e., selling extended warranties, water filters, etc.) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer
· Ability to receive truck stock at home if the company vehicle is retained at the technician's place of residence
· Mentor other technicians, as applicable
· Maintain truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards
· Follow the truck maintenance schedule and keep a clean, organized truck
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures
· Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
Prefer previous experience repairing household appliances, electronic equipment, office equipment, or other related equipment.
Must have a high level of electrical and mechanical diagnostic skills. Strong knowledge of basic electrical theory. Read and interpret documents such as schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Use appropriate tools and equipment in diagnosing and completing repairs. Some computer skills necessary.
Must have excellent customer service skills.
Must be capable of heavy lifting (up to 100 lbs).
Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. Background checks to include drug test, DMV and criminal.
Job Specific Technical Competencies
CFC crdentials &experience preferred.
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Technical / Vocational School
On Occasion (Less than 5%)
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...