A registered professional nurse employed by Erlanger Medical Center is responsible for direct and/or indirect care of the surgical patient.
Graduate from an accredited School of nursing.
Two or four year degree in Nursing, Management or other related filed.
Required: Minimum of one (1) year of surgical experience within specialty area
Position Requirement(s): License/Certification/Registration
Current licensure to practice in the State of Tennessee
Current CNOR Permissible to obtain certification within one year of employment if not held at point of hire.
Department Position Summary:
The RN Coordinator will provide:
1. Clinical expertise in coordinating patient care to the specialty area.
2. Collaborate with the specialty manager and QA Education coordinator for the educational needs of the staff, physician.
3. Coordinator case turnover and set up time.
4. Act as a liaison between the hospital and the manufacturer
5. Participate in data management, inventory control
6. Coordination of scheduling cases with supervision of the manager
7. Trouble shoot problems with equipment
8. Resource person for Central Sterile.
9. Demonstrate self direction,
10. Provide leadership and assume responsibility for developing and maintaining clinical expertise and professional skills.
11. Report directly to the specialty manger of the service,
12. Assisting with coaching and counseling with team members, and decisions that affect the overall performance and growth of the service.
13. Required to work flexible hours to assist with daily schedule.
The Registered Professional Nurse must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures. This is done through evaluation of direct supervisor by direct observation, in a skills lab, or discussed verbally or written. Competency can also be evaluated by a formal peer review process and/or by self assessment based on objective criteria that is reviewed and validated.
The Registered Professional Nurse is responsible for the assessment, documentation, and evaluation of the plan of care for the patient during the perioperative phase of surgery. This individual demonstrates the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities in his/her performance as a patient advocate. The Registered Professional Nurse works in collaboration with the medical, anesthesia, managerial, and clinical staff in order to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
The Registered Professional Nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. This individual further contributes to nursing and the Medical Center through support of the philosophy and objectives.
Mission: To improve the health of people we touch
Vision: To be recognized locally, regionally and nationally as a premier health system
R.E.S.P.E.C.T.: We will fulfill the mission and vision by adhering to the Standards of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Erlanger Health System - 2 years ago