Edward Waters College will become a national model for a dynamic, globally-diverse learning-centered community that champions academic excellence through innovative teaching and learning strategies under-girded by a spirit of servant leadership.
Edward Waters College is currently seeking a CASHIER.
Job Number: C12-010
Job Status: Full-Time
Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
With close supervision, the Cashier is responsible to deliver an outstanding customer service experience while collecting, disbursing and maintaining accurate records of all monetary transactions (i.e. cash, checks, credit cards, etc.) and safeguarding College assets.
Examples of the Duties and Responsibilities
1. Issues receipts for all monetary transactions; mail receipts when necessary.
2. Prints edit reports for each batch of deposited funds.
3. Makes daily bank deposits.
4. Records electronic fund transfers (EFT) and reconcile with the transmittal document.
5. Completes daily cash analysis report and print the edit reports for review.
6. Maintains a log and file of all transactions (receipts, edit reports, check copies, cash analysis reports, returned checks, etc.) for accounting and audit purposes.
7. Verifies student account balances for the purpose of accepting payment for transcript requests.
8. Attends unit meetings.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Possesses a High School diploma or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant progressive work experience.
2. Demonstrates adherence to the College's policies and procedures.
3. Must model exception interpersonal communication and listening skills; telephone etiquette and service recovery skills; must interact professionally with students, faculty, staff, administrators and others who present for services.
4. Conducts independent research on accounts; analyzes detailed transactions to resolve discrepancies.
5. Processes information through a register system.
6. Reads, counts and writes to accurately complete all required documentation; must be able to perform mathematical calculations.
7. Operates all standard office equipment (i.e. 10-key calculator, multi-faceted printer, CPU, etc.) necessary to perform the job efficiently and effectively.
8. Demonstrates the ability to set priorities that accurately reflects the relative importance of essential functions, deadlines and shifts in workload and work flow.
9. Must be computer literate; working knowledge of Windows; Microsoft Word and Excel are essential.
10. Possesses a working knowledge of State and Federal privacy laws and regulations.
11. Must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to exemplary customer service.
12. Must possess a valid Florida's driver's license.
13. Must be able to pass pre- and post-employment assessments, mandatory criminal background, credentialing and reference checks.
1. Student/Customer Service Orientation. Proactively develops student/customer relationships by making efforts to listen to and understand the student/customer (both internally and externally); anticipates and provides solutions to student/customer needs; giving high priority to student/customer satisfaction.
2. Impact. Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, shows an air of confidence.
3. Initiative. Makes active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
4. Integrity. Maintains and promotes social, ethical and institutional norms in conducting internal and external business activities.
5. Teamwork and Collaboration. Works effectively with teams, work groups or those outside formal line of authority (e.g. senior managers) to accomplish institutional goals; takes actions that respect the needs and contribution of others; contributes to and accepts the consensus; subordinates own objectives to the objective of the institution or team.
Be sure to mention Job Number C12-010 when you submit your letter of interest. ONLY APPLICANTS IDENTIFIED TO ADVANCE IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WILL BE CONTACTED DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF INQUIRIES THE COLLEGE RECEIVES ON A DAILY BASIS. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
EWC offers a competitive total rewards package. We are drug and smoke free campus. Learn more about our institution at www.ewc.edu .
Discover if EWC is for You!
Our Mission & Values
Our Performance Expectations
Our Employee Rewards
What to Expect if Contacted to Continue in the Interview and Selection Process
Edward Waters College is a small private, Christian, Historically Black, Urban, Liberal Arts College that offers quality baccalaureate degree programs. The College strives to prepare students holistically to advance in a global society through the provision of intellectually stimulating programs and an environment which emphasizes high moral and spiritual values in keeping with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Edward Waters College seeks to develop excellence in scholarship, research and service for the betterment of humanity.
HigherEdJobs - 2 years ago
Senior PHP Developer
- 6 days ago
Peak 10, Inc.
Peak 10, Inc.
- 30 days ago
- 30+ days ago