A Cashier is responsible for providing great customer service, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, perform cash register operations and safeguarding SDF assets according to established procedures. Cross trained: Cashier/Dishwasher/Gas Attendant/Cook. |
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate cash registers when receiving payment for cash, credit/debit cards or other; issue receipts, and process change/refunds/credits.
- Count money in cash drawer at the beginning/end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and has adequate change.
- Maintain clean and orderly check out areas and other general cleaning duties such as sweeping/mopping floors, emptying trash cans and other.
- Stock shelves with merchandise, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Assist/ensure that customers receive outstanding service by providing friendly environment which includes greeting customers, maintaining outstanding standards, and providing solid product knowledge.
- Operate/monitor gas pump dispensers; including dispensing propane safely using established guidelines.
- Cross trained for the Hilltop positions: Cashier/Dishwasher/Gas Station Attendant/Cook; as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Cash register exp. preferred; on-the-job training provided.
a. Be 21 years of age to sell alcohol & tobacco according to State of Alaska Alcohol & Tobacco Laws.
b. Successfully complete the Training for Alcohol Professionals TAP, 3 hour training.
c. Successfully complete the "We Card: A Program to Help Prevent Underage Tobacco Sales training before selling any tobacco products within 30 days of employment.
S uccessfully complete Propane Training before dispensing propane
Knowledge of Customer Service, Basic Math and English.
Operate Point of Sales (POS) software, magnetic card readers or bar code reader equipment, and cleaning equipments.
Physical ability to stand for extended periods.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs or more to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store.
Ability to work (shifts) varied hours/days including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed; including overtime.
note: 3 to 4 days a week (including weekends); 22 hours per week.
This is not a rotational job on the North Slope. You must live in the Fairbanks area or be willing to relocate at your own expense .
ASRC Energy Services - 4 months ago