Cricket Communications, a subsidiary of Leap Wireless, is the pioneer and leader in delivering innovative value-rich prepaid wireless services with no long-term contracts serving approximately 6 million customers. Cricket offers nationwide wireless voice and mobile data services over high-quality, all-digital wireless networks. Cricket's innovative products and services, including the award-winning Muve Music® - the first music service designed for a wireless phone, are available nationwide at Cricket branded retail stores, dealers, national retailers and at www.mycricket.com .
We are looking for employees with proven competency in their respective fields, who enjoy taking the initiative, and are comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment. We offer our team members a competitive total rewards program which incorporates both short-and long-term compensation and incentives, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
We’re a dynamic, growing, equal-opportunity employer where employees discover that a career can become a calling. To learn more about career opportunities at Cricket please visit www.leapwireless.com/careers .
Responsible for all the software development within an organization. Directs the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications/operating systems according to business needs. Requires a bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of experience in the field. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Team Management. Directs junior to mid-career managers with small to medium-size teams engaged in software applications development team for both new products as well as enhancements throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
Architecture Planning. Works with other members of the senior IT management team. Engages in Enterprise Architecture Planning (EAP).
- Manages the technical activities of a large-size team or teams
- Expert prioritization of tasks and conflict resolution
- Tracks performance, writes reviews, counsels when needed
- Expert mentoring/coaching (technical and professional) team; identifies and acts on opportunities for professional development
- Retains team resources through communication, career planning, issue/conflict resolution and motivation
- Specifies, selects and recruits industry professionals to augment and supplement the development team.
System Design and Analysis. Leads applications design to support business priorities such as online customer provisioning and customer support.
- Reviews architecture, both IT and Enterprise
- Advanced coordination with business users, directors, managers, and system designers/developers
- Understands and translate conceptual business ideas into technology architecture and specifications
- Works with other technology groups to define system interfaces.
- Interacts with vendors and third parties to evaluate new products and technologies as an integral part of the company’s ongoing efforts to intelligently leverage all available products and technologies.
- Provides planning and technical direction for projects.
Project Management. Develops comprehensive project plans coordinating with parties internal and external to IT.
- Audits design meetings
- Defines functional requirements from business requirements
- Defines internal requirements for long-term architecture road-mapping
- Expert creation of application and component models
- Develops alternate designs and analyzes trade-offs that trigger iteration of the design process.
- Expert development of requirements definition, work breakdown structure, GANNT charts, and other project documents associated with the management of requirements, tasks, schedule, milestones, dependencies, and resources.
- Expert management of project, coordinating and executing project plans.
- Responsible for the successful completion of the project.
- BS degree in CS, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Enterprise scale software development
- 10+ years experience in database, software and information systems engineering.
- 10+ years experience in architecting, engineering, and designing large scale applications/websites, including a strong understanding of SDLC.
- Expert project management experience including planning, scheduling and tracking projects.
- Technical writing/documentation skills including data structures, application codes, user manuals, etc.
Advanced Architect-Level Knowledge of:
- Expert organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with managerial, administrative and technical staff to determine information needs, process/data flows and systems definitions
- Minimum of 5 years management experience. Must have ability to manage professional software engineers.
- Candidate must be comfortable working as part of a development team to accomplish overall plan objectives. Candidate must exhibit strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Candidate must interface effectively other managers, as well as developers and analysts to coordinate technical activities, platforms, and solutions.
- JAVA, C, C++, C#,
- AJAX, ColdFusion, PHP, JSP, PERL, ASP, ASP.NET, Ruby, Python, Shell Programming (Bourne, C)
- J2EE, JMS, J2ME, JDBC, CLDC, MIDP, BREW, EJB, EJB 3.0, XML, XSLT, WSDL, SOAP, WXD, UDDI, web services, servlets, portlets, XML Beans, beans,
- BEA / Weblogic, SAP / NetWeaver, JBOSS, JRUN, IBM WebSphere Application Server
- Hibernate, JDTS, NetBeans
- Jini, JUnit, JView, Jakarta, Swing, Spring, Spring beans, Seam, jsf, Teracotta,
- Ant, Maven, Cruise Control, Velocity Templates
- Apache Axis, Apacha Jakarta Commons
- CVS, SubVersion, DOORS, Synergy
- Oracle, Oracle 10G, mySQL, PostgreSQL, Enterprise DB, Microsoft SQL Server
Advanced Architect-Level Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture (EA) / Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) as follows:
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- SOA Governance, Management, Security, Registry, Compliance
- Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing
- AmberPoint, BEA, Business Objects, Cordys, GigaSpaces, IBM, Infravio, iWay Software, IONA, Onyx, SAP, SOA Software, TIBCO
- Business Process Management (BPM),
- Business Process Execution Language (BPEL)
- Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
- ORACLE Fusion Middleware and ORACLE ERP Solutions
- Identity Management, Single Sign-On
- Portals, Real-Time Collaboration, Content Management
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Windows environment
- UNIX (Solaris, FreeBSD)
- Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu, Debian), Apache, Squid,
- Networking: DNS (BIND), SMTP, TCP/IP, sniffers (tcpdump, Wireshark/Ehtereal), IPsec, packeteers, packet tracing,
- SNMP, NAGIO
- Advanced Architect Level Knowledge of:
- Java Secure Socket Extension
- Java Data Mining
- Data Hubs
- Sun Certified Java Architect
- Web 2.0
Our full-time employees enjoy the following benefits:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Domestic Partner Coverage
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Dependent Life
Company Paid Disability
3 Weeks Vacation
Jury Duty Pay
Travel Accident Insurance
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts
Group Auto & Home Insurance Discount
Discounted Phones & Service for Immediate Family
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Cricket Communications - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The new Cricket has a reliable nationwide network covering more than 97% of Americans and one that offers the ability to talk on the phone...