A PRIVATE MEDICAL PRACTICE is expanding services and is seeking to add a Full-Time MEDICAL BILLER/CODER SPECIALIST , Permanent/Direct Hire to its billing department TEAM.
1.) HEALTH INSURANCE - There are 4 plans to choose from all with different deductibles. The Employer will contribute up to $300 per month for any plan chosen by the employee
- A minimum of three (3) of actual work experience as a MEDICAL BILLER is required.
- LOCATED in the center of New York State, the city of Syracuse (Population 156k city and county 467k) is in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region which includes many Resorts, Casinos, and close to Lake Ontario, Lake Oneida, the St. Lawrence River, the Adirondack Mountains and the Thousand Islands. Forbes Magazine (June 2010) ranked SYRACUSE, NY fourth (4TH) in the U.S. as the FAMILY FRIENDLIEST cities based on inexpensive housing (homes and apartments), easy commutes (extensive highway system), low crime and great schools, colleges and universities.
- STARTING DATE DESIRED (Approximate) : IMMEDIATE
- COMPENSATION ranges from $13.00 per hour for at least three (3) years of experience and up to $18.00 for very experienced. NEGOTIABLE.
- WORK SCHEDULE (Approximate) is Monday through Friday DAYS, FLEXIBLE WORK HOURS with TEAM COVERAGE APPROACH to THE WORK SCHEDULE. Individuals may start work as early as 6:00 am, one hour lunch with the shift ending as early as 2:00 pm Or choose start work as late as 9:00 am , one hour break, with shift ending at 6:00 pm As long as coverage is provided by the team any schedule within the designated hours above is acceptable to management.
- CERTIFICATION as a AAPC, CPC/Certified Professional Coder or AHIMA, CCS/ Certified Professional Coder or CCA/Certified Professional Coder is a plus but not required. A minimum of three (3) years of actual work experience in a private medical practice is required. Certification is NOT REQUIRED.
- EMR Systems: GMED , NETPRACTICE
- JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Obtain medical referrals and authorizations for medical procedures AND SURGERIES.
- Collection of accounts.
- Accurately bill electronically and file insurance claims.
- Knowledge of various insurance forms to include HCFA, UB-92 and EOB forms.
- Post claims & payments.
- Correct/ remit claim denials.
- Establish payment plans on delinquent collection accounts.
- Enter patient demographics and registrations.
- Follow up with patients on the status of their accounts.
- Maintain contact with multiple insurance companies.
- Provide patients with explanation of benefits and assist with interpreting statements and services.
- Be knowledgeable of different types of medical insurance such as private carriers, HMO's, Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Comp & Disability.
- Know to use a CPT-4 (current procedural terminology)
- Know how to use an ICD-9 (international code of diseases)
- Be conscientious of common problems with reimbursements as a means to prevent them.
2.) DENTAL PLAN - 1/2 of the cost is paid by Employer.
3.) VACATION TIME: After six (6) months of continuous full-time work the employee will accrue up to six (6) paid days off. After completeting the up to one year of employment the employees accrues up to seven (7) more days off. The second year of employment the employee will able to accrue up to fourteen (14) days off. One (1) more day may be accrued for each successive year of employment up to a maximum of twenty-eight (28) days
4.) PERSONAL & SICK TIME - 5 DAYS - Reimbursement
3.) PAID HOLIDAYS - Seven (7)
4.) RETIREMENT PLAN - A 3% match by the Employer and fully vested from day one. (Safe Harbor)
5.) CE FINANCIAL REIMBURSEMENTS PROVIDED: AAPC PAID $125.00 PER YEAR plus $225 CONTINUING EDUCATION.
Cameron Craig Group - 11 months ago
The Cameron Craig Group owns and operates a national job board that connects job seekers to more than 1400+ recruiters in the US.