· This position is responsible for the design and detailing of aerospace fluid power components, supporting engineering development projects, proposal activity, and sustaining activity. The position requires capability of interpreting design requirements from 2D sketches prepared by Project / Senior Engineers and of developing 3D design models using support from Analysts and Designers. It also includes preparing responses to RFIs or RFQs, at times under guidance from Senior Project Engineers.
· Provide technical expertise as creator of 3D design models, based on 2D sketches and other design requirements.
· Perform limited analysis as required to support component design.
· Ensure standardization of products and engineering processes.
· Assist Project Engineers in assessing man-hour and schedule requirements. Help resolve program obstacles to maintain overall schedule objectives. Provide status reporting.
· Achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
· Maintain compliance with ISO requirements.
· Collaborate with peers and managers to improve efficiency and reduce cost for component development and detailing. Work with offshore, contracted, and other off-site design support personnel as required.
· Become familiar with design software and tools introduced by the department.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: · Bachelor's degree in Engineering (minimum): Mechanical, Aerospace, Systems, Physics or related field.
· 5 years minimum experience in designing of mechanical components engineering.
· Must be familiar with 3D and CAD design platform such as AutoCAD, ProE, CATIA, etc. Proficiency with ProE is desirable.
· Thorough knowledge mechanical engineering disciplines for product design and development required.
· Knowledge of industry practices and norms, design tools and techniques will be a plus.
· Working knowledge of FEA, computational fluid dynamics, ANSYS, and other software that is commonly used in mechanical engineering.
· Working knowledge of practical manufacturing techniques and factors affecting product / program costs.
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication presentation skills and the ability to work well with customers and development team members.
RGBSI - 21 months ago