We are seeking a Systems Administrator to be responsible for the ongoing design, implementation, and support of systems and infrastructure for consumer facing digital media services.
As part of the Over The Top (OTT) team, you can expect to work on a wide variety of systems, spanning from LAMP systems, to VMWare to Hadoop. You will be part of a small but growing team that is tasked with providing a strong and robust infrastructure that many of the companies that belong to the Echostar family will be relying on.
EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes , is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries. Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet ®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded ® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System and Blockbuster.
Duties and Responsibilities
Participate in rotating on-call schedule?
- Monitor and manage a large platform of x86 servers
- Manage application environments to minimize outages and service interruptions
- Quickly troubleshoot problems and analyze failures to minimize outages and service interruptions
- Communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in written form to peers and management
- Maintain network monitoring and control tools
- Work with various engineering teams to deploy new features and upgrades
- Proactively identify and recommend updates to software, hardware, or architecture as necessary before reaching capacity limitations
- Develop and implement shell scripts to manage operational and administrative needs
- Manage 3-5 projects simultaneously and complete them on schedule
- Create and maintain technical documents and standard operating procedures
Skills and Qualifications
Three to five years of experience performing general Linux and Windows system administration including installation, maintenance, upgrade, configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting and resolving operating system issues
? Experience with one or more of the following: C, UNIX shell scripting, Perl, Python, or similar languages
? Experience with one or more Database Systems (MySQL, Oracle, various NoSQL Databases)
? Experience with installing, configuring, and administering web applications
Experience with the following cloud/virtualization technologies
? Experience with both SAN and NAS technologies
? Working knowledge of TCP/IP
? Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications
? Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively both alone and as part of a team
? Provide on-call support to address critical issues and emergencies as they arise
? Some travel may be required
Associate Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience
EchoStar - 17 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...