This Technician assists the Civil Engineer in various applications that consist of principles, methods, and techniques of Civil Engineering Technology. The Civil Engineering Technician reviews project specifications and coordinates with the Civil Engineer concerning assistance required. This employee assists in areas such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, evaluation of field conditions, design changes, and reports. The Civil Engineering Technician surveys project sites to obtain and analyze topographical details of sites using maps and surveying equipment. The Civil Engineer also drafts detailed dimensional drawings such as those needed for highway plans, structural steel fabrication, and water control projects. This work involves performing duties as described under Drafter; calculating dimensions, profile specifications, and quantities of materials such as steel, concrete, and asphalt.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
documents consisting of structural, architectural, mechanical, plumbing, and
- Create site plans and surveys.
- Use Auto Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD) to develop grading, utility, route of excess and sewer plans.
- Develop Erosion Control Plans.
- Calculate storm drainage run off.
- Prepare drawings and plans for buildings from comprehensive construction
electrical. Additional documents consist of lighting, data, communication, and
interior furnishings and fixtures.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Associates Degree, Majoring in Civil Engineering. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of Civil Engineering Technician experience.
- Minimum 3 years of verifiable experience using AutoCAD drafting skills to
mechanical, and electrical design.
- Extensive knowledge of construction, environmental protection facility,
determine how alterations may affect all projects.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate complex technical designs and specifications to
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE).