The Torigian Family YMCA, in Peabody, MA serves over 11,000 members and provides a full range of programs and services to its members and community. The Membership Director will provide leadership and support to the member service team and will strive to deliver exceptional member service.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member satisfaction.
- Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Conducts tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies with members.
- Oversees the tracking of the reciprocity program and updating the reciprocity database.
- Hires, trains, schedules and supervises all member service staff, ensuring exceptional service and interactive engagement with members.
- Coordinates branch specific events and incentives in order to build retention and improve the member experience.
- Develops and monitors membership budget to meet fiscal objectives. Quickly addresses any trends that adversely affect the membership budget.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events. Leads by example by supporting the annual support campaign.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings. Attends community meetings as they relate to Healthy Living, Youth Development and Social Responsibility to promote our YMCA.
- Compiles membership statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of membership marketing and retention strategies.
- Participates in committees within the Y and our community.
Salary: $37,000 - $40,000
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Recreation or related field.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Previous YMCA membership experience, customer service, sales or related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years'expereince with direct supervisory responsibility.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
Additional Compensation Details:
The YMCA of Metro North provides an excellent benefits package including 12% Retirement, along with Health and Dental Insurance.
YMCA - 19 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...