Mid Level UNIX System Administrator
Remote Work Authorized
Jan 14, 2013, 3:19:43 PM
Candidate must have a solid understanding of UNIX based operating systems, primarily Solaris and Redhat.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of technical experiences in a client-server environment
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with highly complex system implementations and organizational processes
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance
- Solid understanding of UNIX based operating systems, primarily Solaris and Redhat
- Experience with virtualization solutions, primarily Solaris zones and VMWare
- Security+ certification highly desired
- Working knowledge of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and NIS+ desirable
- Experience in configuring network devices (routers, firewalls, and switches) desirable
- Familiarity with DoD Information Assurance practices preferred
- Experience with tape backup solutions is desirable
- Experience with GCCS, Oracle DB and Weblogic is desirable
- Able to participate in configuration management activities
- Able to manage and configure storage solutions, both disk and tape
- Must understand and be able to manage storage using volume management software
- Must be able to develop and maintain shell scripts
- Able to perform the installation of OS patches and software upgrades
- Some networking experience is desirable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good ability to lead and work as part of a team
CSC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...