Are you interested in taking your DBA skills to the next level? Are you eager to learn new data platforms and technologies in support of web, mobile, and cloud applications? If your answer is yes, we have an opportunity for an experienced DBA to join our global team of database engineers and architects building and operating the next generation web applications! Your primary responsibilities will be: Efficiently supports the needs of several 24X7 DEV, QA and production database systems; Creates automated processes related database administration, space management, security, monitoring, and performance; Works with management to create development and support strategies for database systems; Designs database systems and data structures in collaboration with software development teams for existing and new applications; Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of database backup and recovery processes; Complete required status reports, time entry, and special project assignments; Master Operational monitoring tools/technologies; Adhere to all required PCI/MRC/Sarbanes-Oxley/SDLC procedures.
Supports required application maintenance windows, and oncall rotation function; Performs installation, upgrades, and patching of database software;
Troubleshoots and solves complex database problems through research, analysis and collaboration with team members.
Think you have what it takes?
- Yes! I have a BS Degree (Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering.preferred) OR at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Yes! I have knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL preferred)
- Yes! I have thorough knowledge of databases and their structures.
- Yes! I have experience in supporting production database systems.
- Yes! I have proven background or knowledge of data base technologies such as MySQL, Oracle or Sybase
- Yes! I can handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Yes! I have strong communication, written, and teamwork skills.
- Yes! I am very comfortable working in a collaborative, team centric environment.
- Yes! I have strong skills in SQL and SQL tuning.
- Yes! I have Working knowledge of client/server technology and fundamentals is critical.
- Yes! I have Good appreciation of SDLC software development including traditional and spiral methodologies.
- Yes! I have Fundamental knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and IT Governance processes.
- Yes! I have a proven background working in Data Center and Call Center production support environments. MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server, Autosys, Perl, Linux.
Here's a little further incentive .............You'll be immersed in a fun, dynamic culture. Some of our perks: gym, free fitness classes, chair massages, a nap room, free vending machines, treadmill desks, fooseball tables, beer breaks and ping pong tables. We were ranked in the Top Ten of the "Companies with the Highest Tech Salaries." Find out more...
AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are Bar Raisers who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL - 20 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...