Warwick, Rhode Island
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities :
This position reports to the Principal Scientist, Preclinical Affairs, and is responsible for providing advanced scientific and surgical expertise in the coordination/execution of animal research studies to aid in the design and development of medical devices for soft tissue repair/reconstruction.
Essential Job Functions :
Integrally involved with all aspects of Preclinical Affairs animal study execution including, advanced surgical expertise, protocol development, study coordination, scheduling, implementation, data analysis/interpretation, and report writing.
Leading the Preclinical Affairs efforts of several project teams simultaneously.
Interfacing with internal Scientists/Engineers, and acting as the Sponsor Study Director at external animal research laboratory facilities.
Coordinating the preparation/sterilization of appropriate test/control articles for implantation.
Involvement with Preclinical Affairs study quoting and budgeting as necessary.
Reviewing scientific literature in order to stay current as needed in the industry.
Basic Qualifications :
- BS or MS in veterinary/animal science, biology, physiology, or related field.
- 5-8 yrs hands-on experience in either an academic, industrial or CRO laboratory setting.
- Familiarity with surgery / immunology fundamentals as evidenced by successful animal study execution within the medical device industry.
- Previous experience as a Preclinical study director/coordinator.
- Experience with analysis/interpretation of medical device histopathology.
- Statistical/Analytical capabilities and familiarity with the use of statistical software.
- Familiarity with anatomy and physiology fundamentals.
- Familiarity with the biological aspects of wound healing.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Must be able to trouble-shoot and problem solve to support successful animal study execution.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...