Location: United States - VA - Arlington
We are looking for a bright, driven, Linux Systems Engineer with DevOps experience to work within a team to automate application deployments within the product deployments group. In this role, the candidate will be required to write scripts, programs, mcollective agents, and/or puppet modules to manage the different aspects of product deployments. This is an ideal position for a systems engineer with a passion to automate as much as possible to streamline processes for operations. Must have experience with cloud technologies like VMWare, Amazon EC2, Rackspace and familiar with creating scripts to take advantage of APIs. Ruby on Rails is used for web interface for the environment so the candidate should be familiar with both ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Utilize configuration management framework (Puppet) to deploy and manage systems.
- Support puppet infrastructure
- Monitor, maintain and optimize puppet modules.
- Develop scripts and programs to automate applications and/or customer deployments
- Write unit testing (RSPEC) for scripts and programs related to automation for QA environment.
- Identify and document areas of opportunity for improvements with recommendations.
- BS/MS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess initiative to identify and propose potential system and process improvements
- 5 or more years experience with administering Red Hat, CentOS, or SuSE servers
- Strong shell scripting skills with BASH, Perl, or Ruby scripting languages
- Experience with Oracle 11g and MySQL.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet
- Experience with Tomcat and JBOSS
- Experience with version control systems like Subversion, Git, or Mercurial.
- Experience with F5 load balancers
SuccessFactors, an SAP Company, is the leading provider of cloud-based Business Execution Software and delivers business alignment, team execution, recruiting execution, people performance, and learning management solutions to organizations of all sizes across more than 60 industries. We offer the most powerful software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions on the market. As we like to say… our cloud strategy is BadAss SaaS. Period. As an SAP company, the possibilities for growth, innovation, and impact are endless!
Our primary focus is always on the win. When our customers win, we win. We deliver innovative solutions, content and analytics, process expertise, and best-practice insights to our broad and diverse customer base. Today, we have more than 3,500 customers and 15 million subscription seats in more than 168 countries using our solutions in 35 languages.
Are you ready? You’re in for an exciting ride. SuccessFactors is known for its innovation, extraordinary leadership, and high-energy culture. Our talent around the world is all passionately focused on revolutionizing the future of work, and we hire high-performing people that want to make a difference.
Our commitment to our employees is to provide opportunity for personal and professional growth, recognition for real impact, and meaningful rewards for delivering amazing results! Employees truly are the heart of our success!
We expect all our talent to be leaders – no matter your role. We challenge ourselves and each other to swing big and take risks every day. We move fast, but we care about how we work with each other. It’s one of our core values – “No Jerks!”
Connect with us! Learn more about the culture at SuccessFactors, an SAP Company, see pics of our global offices, talk to recruiters, and see real-time job openings:
Linkedin: Search "SuccessFactors Careers"
Match yourself and your network on Facebook and Linkedin to open jobs at SuccessFactors using our new SocialMatcher tool: http://jobs.successfactors.com/social-matcher/
Do you know someone that might be interested? We pay for external referrals! Refer them to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a resume and contact info, and you can make $1,000!
Requisition ID: 20498
SuccessFactors is the leading provider of cloud-based Business Execution Software and delivers business alignment, team execution, people...