Bayer HealthCare (BHC) makes an important contribution to human and animal health with its innovative products and by researching new therapeutic approaches promoting science for a better life throughout everything that we do. Our Specialty Pharmaceutical business ranks among the top 10 specialty pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Our global research and development is focused in five distinct areas: Diagnostic Imaging, Hematology/Cardiology, Oncology, Specialized Therapeutics, and Women's Healthcare. As a specialty pharmaceuticals company, we focus our efforts in areas of high unmet medical need and where we can have the most impact. Our Medical Care division consists of Diabetes Care and Radiology and Interventional. The Diabetes Care division is one of the largest blood glucose monitoring businesses in the world, supporting customers in 100 countries. Radiology and Interventional is the world's leading supplier of contrast agents and injection systems for diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures. The business also supplies mechanical systems for removing thrombi from blood vessels. Our Consumer Care business is a top competitor in many important product categories including analgesics, cough and cold, and nutritionals. More than 3,000 employees support 14 manufacturing sites in 11 countries dedicated to ensuring the delivery of a secure, high-quality, cost-effective supply of our products around the world. Our Animal Health business in North America is dedicated to making the world a better place for our veterinary customers, their clients, and the animals we all hold dear. Operations / Maintenance We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes. The primary responsibility of this role is too:
1. Supervise the day to day activities of the maintenance staff, which
includes all PCS and mechanical maintenance personnel (mechanics and
technicians), planner, and administrator in support of production
equipment, process controls, buildings, infrastructure, calibrations,
preventive maintenance, repairs, modifications, and site services
(yards, grounds, custodial).
2. Ensure proper documentation and administration of GMP critical
calibrations and PMs per FDA requirements.
3. Responsible for operation of the spare parts warehouse.
4. Assist in the planning and scheduling of maintenance work.
5. Assess and develop skills of the maintenance staff. Support
maintenance certification program.
6. Promptly inform management of maintenance problems that may result
in production downtime or product loss.
7. Set up and manage prime expense maintenance budgets of ca. > $6.0
8. Manage non-prime expense budgets for the site of ca. >$1.3 Mio.
9. Provide project management for all facilities, infrastructure,
utilities, and site related capital projects.
10. Provide construction management services for capital projects.
Maintain current Johnson Co. contractor's license and obtain all
required permits for modifications by in-house resources.
11. Supervise computer aided drafting and design (CADD) group and the
technical document center.
12. Administer investment planning and tracking for the Shawnee site.
Coordinate and track monthly investment spending and report status to
management in Shawnee and Monheim Germany. Facilitate prioritization of
the project list.
13. Provide budget and final cost estimates for capital investments.
14. Coordinate and manage personnel relocations, office modifications,
furniture requests, and other move management activities throughout the
15. Ensure compliance to all appropriate building codes and
regulations. Act as primary liason with permitting agencies (city
county, etc.) to ensure all codes and regulations are followed and
proper documentation is established and filed.
16. Support service and construction contract renewal negotiations.
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
combination of education and experience).
- BS in engineering or related field of study (or an equivalent
services industry. (For Superintendent level)
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience as a maintenance supervisor construction coordinator, project manager, project engineer, facilities engineer, or other approved engineering experience.
- Knowledge of contracts commonly used in the construction and
and service providers. (For Superintendent level)
- Knowledge of construction industry, capital equipment manufacturers,
project planning skills. (For Superintendent level)
- SAP system familiarity.
- Facilities design, cost estimation and control, scheduling, and
with current computer technology are mandatory.
- Effective communication skills, leadership skills, and experience
unit operations, and pharmaceutical processing is beneficial.
- Good working knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment,
This position is employee referral eligible.
Bayerjobs.com - 2 years ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...