Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
DTZ, a UGL company, is a global leader in property services. We provide occupiers and investors around the world with best-in-class, end-to-end property solutions comprised of leasing agency and brokerage, integrated property and facilities management, capital markets, investment and asset management, valuation, building consultancy and project management. In addition, our award winning research and consulting services provide our clients with global and local market knowledge, forecasting and trend analysis to make the best long-term decisions for their continuous success far into the future. DTZ has 47,000 employees including sub-contractors, operating across 217 offices in 52 countries. For further information, visit: www.dtz.com.
DTZ has immediate openings for an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician in Blair, NE.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Perform Instrumentation Services including being responsible for the calibration and maintenance of process
instrumentation within a large industrial facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Team member must be able to work in a team oriented and safety conscious environment. “Safety First”
expectations include, but are not limited to, PJHA process, Observation process, and compliance with all
company / site safety guidelines and procedures.
2. Assigned tasks list to include, but not limited to, testing, calibration, and repairs of pneumatic, mechanical,
electrical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, indicating, and control instruments /
3. Repairs and calibrations to be performed in conformance with established standards. Assist in formulating
calibration standards / work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on
discrepancies noted in service delivery.
4. Must have working knowledge of the following topics: pH, flow, temperature, pressure, conductivity and mass
measurements, AC and DC control methods, 24V – 480V electrical systems and trouble shooting, VFD’s,
burner controls, smart meters, PLC/DCS control methods, automated systems, load cells, control valves,
blueprint reading, mathematics, and preventive/predictive maintenance.
5. Must be able to use hand tools on a daily basis such as power tools
6. Willing to work all shifts including holidays and weekends when demanded by the job.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
1. Ensures compliance with all company / customer regulations, policies, and procedures.
2. Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals to include employee development
3. Communications with all team members to support the development of short and long range planning in
support of the company’s goals and objectives
4. Maintain personal tools required for your job to include an up to date documented personal tool lists. Required
tool listing to be supplied as part of employment.
5. Meet physical requirements of the job. Physical requirements of the job will be provided to you prior to
6. Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
7. Accurate and timely administrative duties to include, but not limited to, time accounting and work order
8. Must maintain positive customer and employee relations.
Education: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. AA degree in Industrial Instrumentation,
Electronics or Industrial Electricity preferred, but not required. Ability to obtain Journeyman’s Electrical License
upon state required qualifications being met.
Experience: Five years experience in industrial instrumentation and electrical maintenance preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb
flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator when required by the job. Requires full range of
body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to
operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or fork-lift. The employee is frequently required to
stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high,
precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The
employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level
in the work environment is usually very loud. Occasionally work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms,
scaffolding, and others as required)
We offer an excellent benefits package and paid holidays/vacation. Background check and drug screen required.
We are an EOE M/F/D/V.
Please visit our website at www.unicco.com or www.uniccoplantservices.com
DTZ and UGL Services are now united under a single global brand — DTZ, a UGL company — transforming the world of property services.
UGL Unicco - 13 months ago
UGL Services (formerly UNICCO) isn't afraid to get its hands dirty. The company provides an array of janitorial and other facilities...