The MySQL Database Administrator is responsible to the organization for the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of the database systems, data, and supporting services. The DBA is the focal point and technical lead for all databases, database infrastructure, and supporting services.
Functions as primary point of support for all data layer services in production, staging, and development environments.
Acts as the technical point of contact for architectural changes and improvements to a rapidly growing, data intensive, world-class relational database environment.
Functions as the go-to resource for testing and benchmarking current and future releases of database server software and related hardware technologies.
Possesses required skills as defined by ITIL Service Delivery and Service Design roles as they apply to database operations: Level 3 support, Incident/Problem Management, Capacity/Risk/Availability Management, and Standards/Compliance Management.
1. Experience in designing, implementing, and managing database systems for mission critical, high-traffic OLTP and OLAP systems.
2. In-depth knowledge of the MySQL platform, including high-availability design/operation, performance tuning, capacity planning, automated backup and recovery.
3. Expertise with MySQL replication, active/passive clustering, disaster recovery, and geographic load distribution of database services.
4. Experience with task automation scripting using Python, Perl, Shell, or other UNIX based languages.
5. Systems administration skills required to troubleshoot database-related problems at the O/S level, on Linux/UNIX/Solaris, and commercially available server and storage systems.
6. Ability t o work with and support a team of game development professionals, operations team members, and design engineers.
7. Excel at documenting database architectures, and processes. Follow ITIL change management best practices for system modifications.
8. Conceptual knowledge of service-oriented architectures.
9. Strong understanding of applied statistics and analytics algorithms.
10. Foundation knowledge and experience with baseline performance and load testing for computing system capacity planning methodology.
1. B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
2. 5+ years as a database administrator.
3. Experience with database capacity scaling techniques such as caching, sharding, data partitioning highly desirable.
4. Excellent communication skills (written and oral), excellent interpersonal skills. Positive, team-oriented attitude.
5. Ability to liaise with vendors and other business / technical teams, able to function with minimum supervision.
6. Has a demonstrable interest in the game industry, and experience in working in and with Agile development teams.
7. Ability to conduct analysis and provide input to senior management for decision making.
8. If you are an experienced database professional with a positive, can do attitude, who wants the opportunity to innovate working with a creative and talented team, we want to hear from you!
Clarity Group - 22 months ago