Dell Onsite Systems Engineer - Large Enterprise - San Jose, CA
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for an Onsite Systems Engineer to join our team in San Jose, California.
The Dell Onsite Systems Engineer (OSE) provides highly skilled, technical consulting and pre-sales support to targeted customer accounts. The OSE functions as a trusted advisor to the customer technical teams, eliminating any technical obstacles to purchase, deploy, and maintain Dell products and services. This position will support current, and potential, Dell customers located in the San Jose area.
This position will be a home/remote based position and candidate must reside in the San Jose area. No relocation to this area will be offered at this time. This position will require 30-40% travel.
This position is teamed with peer Sales Engineers as part of a Large Enterprise account team focused on key customer accounts within the assigned segments and/or regions.
- Full-time post-sales On-Site Systems Engineering (OSE) position.
- Will work under general direction, and introduce, demonstrate, and familiarize customers with Dell solutions onsite with the customers, as well as assisting them by providing knowledge transfer, industry best practices and resolving issues.
- Chartered to add value, develop and maintain close working relationships with customers’ technical/IS staff and decision-makers.
- Requires the ability to assess and understand a customer’s environment, in order to provide information that is relevant to help customers identify effective solutions, assist with purchasing decisions consistent with their needs, and drive solutions to completion.
- Over time, the OSE will become the “trusted advisor”.
- Sales focused Subject Matter Expert for Enterprise products on customer facing discussions, roadmap delivery, briefings, etc.
- Build trusted advisor relationship with key customer decision makers and understand their business needs, directions, and processes pertaining to Dell solutions and position Dell technologies to meet those needs.
- Experience and ease with presenting business cases and technical solutions to multi-level customer audiences.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and ability to negotiate effectively.
- Identifies and resolves problems, removes technical roadblocks and requires minimal assistance in resolving unique issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in IT, technical consulting sales, or computer systems engineering support role involving direct interaction with customers is required.
- Should hold current relevant industry certifications, such as MCP, MCSE, MCITP, VCP, CCNA, SNIA, PMP or possess equivalent knowledge.
- Recent experience demonstrating strong communications, listening, presentation, reporting, and business skills is required.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and a sales orientation are musts.
- While this is not a sales position, experience in the technical sales process is required, including the ability to differentiate Dell product strengths versus the competition.
- Knowledge of multiple Microsoft server OS and/or Linux offerings is required.
- Proficient in the following data center centric solutions/technologies, with specific emphasis on Dell Enterprise products & solutions:
- DELL PowerEdge Servers and/or Blades
- DELL PowerVault/Equallogic/Compellent Storage
- (EMC, iSCSI & NAS) on Dell Blades/Servers, Storage and Networking products
- DELL PowerConnect/F10 Switches
- Knowledge of L2/L3 switches & networking protocols (a plus)
- VLANs, VLAN security, 802.1Q/P, STP (a plus)
- Cisco CCNA / CCNP / CCDP / CCIE (a plus)
- Brocade & McData Fiber Channel Switches (a plus)
- Qlogic Host Bus Adapters and Software (a plus)
- Virtualization (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, Redhat, or Xenserver preferred)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or better (MCSE)
- Microsoft Windows Services (DNS, DHCP, NLB, WINS, IIS, IAS)
- Microsoft Clustering.
- Dell OpenManage Systems Management Suite (Open Manage Essentials, vCenter Plugin, IT Assistant/Server Administrator)
- Understanding and hands-on knowledge of all offerings by Dell and strategic partners is preferred, with a focus on enterprise solutions, including rack and blade servers, networking, tiered storage, storage fabrics, backup, virtualization, general I/T operations, services, and systems management.
- Experience in managing or working in a large/complex environment, along with data center infrastructure, VMware, HyperV, or Linux (RHEL, SUSE) experience is a plus.
- Industry standard certifications are preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience with Masters a plus.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 15 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...