Do you have an understanding of multi-tiered systems and environments and enjoy learning the complexities of an enormous enterprise? As a Hosting Operations Engineer you will join the team responsible for the stability of our sites and the services that power them. You will also play participate introducing the highest quality products for our customers by provisioning, configuring, monitoring and managing services, servers, sites, and infrastructure within our vast technical environment. If seeking new challenges and building your skillset interests you, then we have the position for you.
Key Responsibilities and Duties: Manage various applications and services across Dev, Test, Stage, Production Environments.
- Solid understanding of Linux operating system, with recent experience in CentOS/RHEL.
- Execute systems and application patching and upgrades in accordance best practices
- Support data backup solutions geographically cross-strapped data centers
- Support Product, Development & QA customers as required
- Create quality documentation, configuration plans and diagrams for each product
- Be creative in the use of technology in solving problems that have a huge impact on our revenue
- Experience with Linux (RedHat or CentOS) systems administration in a large complex web environment.
- Experience troubleshooting web applications and support the underlying operating system
- Experience in patch management of operating systems
- Initiative to self-start, take ownership and demonstrate responsibility to work issues to completion
- Able to support on-call & non-standard hours as required
- Demonstrable knowledge of multi-tiered applications and troubleshooting
- Ability to express complex ideas with a white board and to teams with various technical backgrounds.
- Basic level skill with either, bash, PERL, Python, or Ruby (preference given to Ruby) with desire to expand your abilities