Job Description: Revenue Accounting Manager
Dell SecureWorks is a market leading provider of world-class information security services with over 2,800 clients worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, including more than ten percent of the Fortune 500, rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong client service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned in the Leader’s Quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, SecureWorks has also won SC Magazine's "Best Managed Security Service" award for 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009.
The Revenue Accountant is a key member and leader of the accounting team. The position is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly financial statements and managing the day-to-day accounting functions to include general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
The Revenue Accountant manages and mentors a team of accountants, which may require assisting with the resolution of accounting and system issues. The position ensures that the financial statements are in compliance with GAAP. The Revenue Accountant must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as the position interacts with operations, sales, human resources and marketing. The Revenue Accountant ensures each department has the financial tools required to make appropriate financial decisions for their department and the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage month end close
- Analyze financial reports to ensure adherence to US GAAP and compliance with internal policy
- Develop/document processes and procedures within the Accounting Department
- Prepare/review schedules for external quarterly review and annual audit
- Perform accounting research as required
- Respond to accounting inquiries from internal managers
- Analyze accounts receivable and allowance for doubtful accounts
- Create ad hoc reports as requested
- Create metrics to analyze performance of department
- Ensure compliance with government regulations
- Provide guidance to operational departments for inventory tracking/expense monitoring and other projects as requested
- Mentor accounting team, including billing, collections, fixed assets, accounts payable and general accounting
- Manage special projects as requested
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strive to add value, build efficiency and improve accuracy and reliability of information
- Ability to build open trustworthy relationships with team and department leaders
- Sensitive to deadlines and strive to deliver quality information timely
- Strive to not only deliver information but build audience knowledge to use the information
- Acknowledge requests, set expectations and clarify deliverables to meet goals
- Strive to keep a positive attitude and maintain team focus
- Sensitivity to confidential information
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelors Degree-Accounting
- >10 years general accounting expertise
- Proficient to advanced skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and experience using a general ledger system with Great Plains preferred
- Proficient in use of query tools to pull data from financial systems including ODBC and SQL reporting tools.
- Current knowledge of US GAAP
- Current knowledge of Accounting Best Practices
- Experience with systems implementations and conversions
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Dell Financial Services L.P. - 10 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...