Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs the development and execution of the manufacturing system.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Directs the development and continuous improvement of the manufacturing system including both in-house and
specifications and requirements
- Directs the selection and verification of all outside manufacturing with input from Purchasing, Quality, and R&D
- Ensures that all in-house and outside manufacturing is capable of meeting process and finished product
safety/quality, regulatory, efficiency and cost requirements. Communicates to product development and
- Verifies the capability of manufacturing to produce new products in conformance with worker safety, product
management - manufacturing constraints and potential solutions with regard to new product design
- Directs corrective/preventive action activities to provide improvement of process performance and reduction
to prevent waste and production inefficiency
- Ensures ongoing equipment/facility maintenance for in-house manufacturing
- Inspects in-house equipment to ensure operational performance requirements are met
- Reviews production and cost reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems
process deviation and variance investigations and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions
- Conducts studies to determine manufacturing process capability
- Ensures the development and execution of all in-house manufacturing quality/process control. Conducts
- Directs the development and execution of standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in line with GMPs
- Directs the development and execution of training
- Ensures that manufacturing regulatory requirements (CFR part 111) are met on a continuous basis
- Reviews production schedule and forecasts and directs preparation of daily production plans to meet delivery
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products
- Ensures the execution of manufacturing information systems
- Ensures the development, execution and review of “key performance indicators” and metrics for manufacturing
- Compiles, stores, controls and retrieves production data per requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
manufacturing experience in a management position
- Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university with at least five years of related
and continuous process improvement required.
- Knowledge and experience with regard to manufacturing engineering, FDA cGMP’s, six sigma, lean
- Manage all aspects of the Manufacturing Department
To perform the job successfully, this individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
are provided with adequate communication, training and tools to perform work effectively. Ensures
- Leadership Skills – Identifies goals and objectives for the department and ensures that personnel
the proper develop of the manufacturing system and accompanying processes.
on an ongoing basis. Provides support for the continuous improvement of work processes.
- Management Skills – Develops work metrics and standards and reviews operational performance
skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even
- Problem Solving - Identifies and prioritizes problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information
when dealing with emotional topics.
opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development
Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar;
others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to
of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports
everyone's efforts to succeed.
and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity
on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and
respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions;
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with
Follows through on commitmnts.
Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond
when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered
Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities;
and offers help when needed
or governmental regulations
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,
and the general public
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers,
or diagram form.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must have solid presentation abilities
common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Understand statistics and statistical inference.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The individual must be able to tolerate the scent of essential oils worn or diffused.
Young Living Essential Oils is an equal opportunity employer. Young Living participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA to confirm work authorization.To apply for this job, please send us your resume to email@example.com
Young Living Essential Oils - 14 months ago