Business Development Executive- Memphis, TN
This position is responsible for new business development in the "high-end" market segments including Facilities. These accounts will have fairly complex needs that require interaction with a wide range of high-level decision-makers and influences.
- Selling company products and services to key and major account segments and achieve a defined sales and GP quota
- Researching and prospecting companies and scheduling face-to-face presentations with high level decision makers and influencers
- Using a consultative selling skill, identify customer needs and develop a value added proposition as well as generating complex proposal and pricing development
- Direct account sales and strategy and account handoff process in a team selling environment, while working with management and sales team members
- Work with other team members such as Senior Account Managers to facilitate the transition of account responsibility and ensure accurate, cost effective implementation
Completion of activity reports and distribution of marketing/prospecting materials
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years previous sales experience
- Ability to consult/sell to high level decision makers and committees in large companies
- High level understanding of advanced/complex company business process (in a business-to-business atmosphere) and customer process for acquisition of products, business acumen and analysis
- Demonstrated personal computer (PC) knowledge including Internet and Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
- Exceptional time management, problem solving, and business management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Preferred: Bachelor’s degree Previous marketing knowledge is helpful
- Knowledge of products, pricing, competition, and sales objectives is helpful
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 16 months ago
As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more than 26...