POSITION PURPOSE -
The Sr. Developer has proficient knowledge of multiple programming languages along with the ability to take business requirements and develop the total technical design for an entire application to be run in production. The Sr. Developer has the ability to lay out requirements for the project team. Ability to guide and direct work on multiple projects and ensure proper usage as part of the design efforts in building a system to be put into production. Thorough understanding of life cycle development through production implementation and post implementation. The Sr. Developer has the ability to present at the various architecture review boards. Display strategic view of applications and how they fit into the whole retail space.
Our group supports the applications used by Home Depot employees in our stores. We currently have a mix of mobile web and native winmo apps on our mobile devices .
We are looking for a strong developer to join our team to help us during our shift to more mobile web applications.
As part of this role, this senior developer will be responsible for:
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Working collaboratively with product managers, other dev teams, and QA to design and implement business critical mobile solutions.
- Defining Mobile Web development standards and process.
- Driving our technology stack to a more modern mobile development stack.
Work collaboratively with designers, product managers and QA in meeting tight deadlines
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Design and develop modifications to existing mobile software to correct errors or to improve its performance
- Review and or design the technical design of new applications for the Home Depot in-store mobile systems
- Develop and direct mobile software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
- Supervise the work of off-shore developers and deployment support teams.
- Work with business analysts, deployment engineers, programmers and others on from various other project teams
Typically reports to Manager, Information Technology
Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must pass the Drug Test.
Must successfully complete any required training or orientation courses.
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 3
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Ability to Analyze Existing Mobile Solutions and understand how to transition them into modern mobile web technologies
- Solid knowledge of mobile architectures and development constraints inherent in Mobile systems.
- Familiarity with mobile UI and UX design patterns
- Understanding of the pros and cons of various mobile dev frameworks (e.g. JQMobile, Sencha, PhoneGap, Appcelerator, WorkLight, or RhoMobile)
- Experienced working on Relational Databases (Oracle, D2b, SQLLite etc).
- Knowledge of Restful Web Services (and the right way to use them)
- Mobile application performance tuning and optimization
- Ability to learn new development languages and solutions
- Understanding of modern source control tools such as: GIT, SVN, or TFS
- Development experience for Windows mobile applications (Microsoft Compact Framework, C#, SQL Server Compact)
- Enterprise Java Development Skills - Eclipse, J2EE, JDK 1.6.
- Native Android SDK development experience
- Experience with XML / Schemas
- Objective C / iOS development experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix server admin
- Understanding of wireless networking technologies and troubleshooting
- Test Planning and Test Script Review (e.g. how does QA team really test these types of solutions)
- Experience with mobile device management software (e.g. Athena, Air Watch, iAnywhere)
- Familiarity with the multi-site staged deployments to a larger number of mobile devices.
- Knowledge of network level debugging tools such as Fiddler, Wireshark, Nmap
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Equivalent.
- 2-5+ years'™ experience required
- Active interest in learning new technologies on your own
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one'™s time
- Expert knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Expert knowledge of mobile visual design techniques
- Knowledge of network level debugging tools such as Fiddler, wireshar
Home Depot - 14 months ago
The Home Depot is the global leader in home improvement and fourth largest retailer in the world. Providing superior customer service and...