The Kroger Co. is currently hiring for Co-Manager/Assistant Store Manager positions. The Kroger Company can do more to enhance your career than any other organization. As a Co-Manager/Assistant Store Manager, your primary focus will be to assist the Store Manager in the profitable operation of a customer friendly retail establishment. This is a position where you can maximize your professionalism and fully realize your leadership potential. If you are seeking a rewarding career, with involvement in store operations, merchandising, inventory control, profit and loss, join our management team and you will find a multitude of opportunities to reach your career goals. The Kroger Company opened its first store in 1883 and continues to grow stronger today. We are one of the largest employers in the United States that continue to offer career opportunities for qualified people who desire a rewarding future! Our compensation includes competitive salaries, 401(k) (with company match), paid vacations, life insurance, stock options, and bonus potential.
- Develop and implement a strategy for achievement of store and departmental objectives
- Control departmental expenses (i.e. wages, supplies)
- Budget development (weekly, monthly and quarterly)
- Ability to manage a large group of associates while assisting in training, development and supervision of all store personnel
- Analyze monthly operating statements
- Administer effective stock and sales strategies
- Administer, maintain, and supervise company programs (i.e. sanitation, safety, fire prevention)
- Schedule and organize workforce consistent with planned business
- Manage customer complaints and maintain customer service excellence
- Maintain store security with regard to cash control, theft and shrink
- Involvement in local community activities
- Maintain execution of division sales plans and merchandising promotions
- Establish and maintain effective inventory control
- Establish and maintain a self-development program
- Graduation from the company Management Training Program
- Four-year college bachelor degree preferred Business Management, but not required
- A minimum of 3 years extensive store management experience, or comparable, in retail management and other related fields, but not required if bachelor degree has been achieved
- A passion for a fast pace, ever changing environment, working with people
- Open and flexible availability, weekends, holidays, evenings, and mornings
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
Kroger - 16 months ago