The UWHC Medical Assistant-Associate is an entry-level position responsible for a variety of routine clerical, technical, and patient related functions under close supervision. As a member of the patient care team, including registered nurses, technicians, clerical staff, medical students, residents, and faculty physicians, NPs and PAs, the UWHC Medical Assistant-Associate is also aware of the psychosocial needs of patients and families. The Medical Assistant-Associate is responsible for clinic patient flow by assisting members of the patient care team and providing a broad range of health care services such as: patient check-in; medical record review, preparation for the visit, patient education, assistance with medical examinations, treatments, and procedures, and the coordination and scheduling of tests, appointments, and surgeries. It is preferred that the incumbent has completed an accredited Medical Assistant Program and is certified or eligible for certification as a Medical Assistant.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. Post High School education in a Medical Assistant program or one semester of science or health care coursework preferred.
3. Previous work experience with direct patient contact and customer service required.
4. One (1) year related work experience in the health care field and direct customer service work preferred.
5. Certified Medical Assistant or certification in other health care related field preferred.
6. Knowledge of medical terminology.
7. Knowledge of and proficient use of computers.
8. Demonstrated customer¿first attitude and philosophy.
9. Effective oral and written communication skills.
10. Knowledge of interpersonal communications in a complex organization.
11. Physical Requirements: Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Multiple Posting Levels
This position is being posted at multiple levels. Selection would be based on seniority as follows: the candidate with the highest seniority across all levels will be selected unless the candidate at the higher level has special skills and abilities required for the position.
This is a Represented position and falls into Pay Grade F. The salary range begins at $13.16 per hour. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
Monday through Friday between 7:30am and 5:30pm, 32 hours per week. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
This position is in the "WSEU" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
- Vacation (14 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Holidays (9 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (13 days/year)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERS)
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Kashana Brusca for more information at KBrusca@uwhealth.org or at 608-890-6408.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 2 years ago