The primary responsibility of the Manager - Telecommunications is to manage the staff and equipment of the Telecomm department. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian and The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ascertains departmental training needs and ensures that such training is provided if needed.
- Directs performance of staff and follows up with corrections when needed.
- Evaluates staffing requirements and adhere to budget goals.
- Maintains Symposium Software Program (i.e., scripting, upgrade, etc.)
- Maintains integrity of Switch (i.e., upgrading, equipment, inventory, etc.)
- Reviews and coordinates all agreements pertaining to communication devices, equipment, services (i.e., cellular, pagers, two-way radios, etc.)
- Coordinates additional phone needs in meeting rooms, or suites for convention groups and or guests.
- Manages expansion and upgrades, pertaining to telecommunications to meet the demands of business.
- Produces telephony reports as needed for designated departments.
- Reviews monthly bills, and usage.
- Authorizes and coordinates any addition, relocation or change for administration or tenant phone needs.