POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Olive Branch, MS
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
SCHEDULE: Full-time (Nights and weekends as required)
Soladigm is seeking experienced Maintenance Technicians for employment in its first high-volume manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, MS. The new facility will produce revolutionary, electrochromic, insulated glass units for installation in commercial and residential windows.
Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for continuous ly improving production efficiency by servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts and equipment to ensure their uptime and reliable operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Monitoring and maintaining all equipment and building systems as assigned;
- Installing, replacing or changing machine parts and attachments;
- Dismantling machines for repair using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes or hoists;
- Reassembling machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work;
- Performing 24-hour, emergency maintenance service as necessary;
- Performing a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services;
- Scheduling and performing preventive maintenance;
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects;
- Observing operation of equipment to determine efficiency and detect problems;
- Inspecting or testing damaged machine parts; marking defective areas and advising supervisors of repair needs;
- Lubricating or applying adhesives or other materials to machines and machine parts;
- Recording production, repair and machine maintenance data;
- Reading work orders and specifications to identify machines requiring repair;
- Setting up and operating machines and adjusting controls to regulate operations;
- Collaborating with coworkers to repair or move machines, parts and equipment;
- Monitoring work being performed by outside contractors;
- Complying with all safety policies and procedures when performing maintenance;
- Performing additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors and managers.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and abilities:
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- 3+ years of equipment and facilities maintenance experience;
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance;
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models;
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze electrical/mechanical schematics, block diagrams and flow charts;
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic processes;
- Ability to make sound equipment maintenance decisions under minimal direction;
- Ability to physically able to push, pull and lift, at times heavy loads throughout the day;
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- High tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility with respect to job roles and working hours;
- Working knowledge and understanding of HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA, and OSHA requirements;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with production staff;
- Flexibility to work swing or night shifts .
- 5+ years of equipment and facilities maintenance experience;
- Experience in a glass manufacturing or processing industry;
- Experience in glass coating, semiconductor, disc drive or similar industries;
- Knowledge of Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) vacuum coating processes or equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent combined with required experience in equipment and facilities maintenance.
Monster - 10 months ago
Soladigm is a developer of next-generation green building solutions designed to improve energy efficiency. The company's highly energy-effic...