Job Title: Cloud System Administrator
Department & Team: CaaS Operations
Location: Indianapolis, IN
The Cloud System Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining all equipment located within our hosted facilities that provide Interactive Intelligence’s Cloud based service offerings. This position requires experience with Microsoft Windows server infrastructure, MS SQL, virtual server environments and storage area networks (SAN). The Cloud System Administrator will be responsible for managing routine maintenance and upgrades, will be the first point of escalation for the Network Operations Center (NOC) systems administrators, and will proactively monitor the production environment driving issues to resolution. Additionally, the engineer will work as part of other Interactive Intelligence teams to ensure that the infrastructure design will provide 99.999% reliability to CaaS customers.
- Maintain the CaaS application and server environment with OS and third party service packs.
- Install, configure, and maintain production Windows server infrastructure and applications.
- Install and configure virtual server environments and storage area networks.
- Proactively monitor the global production environment and identify potential issues.
- Provide tier 2 support escalation for all CaaS data center infrastructure and related services.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related technical discipline is required with 2+ year’s experience in a systems administration or engineering role.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 2003 and 2008 server OS (Microsoft certifications preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of management and administering virtual server farms (Hyper-V experience preferred).
- Experience with the management and administration of Storage Area Networks (Netapp experience preferred).
- Prefer 2 year’s experience working in an environment with over 1000 systems.
- Prefer experience working in a cloud based solutions provider environment.
- Project management experience.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to strictly follow directions.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful.
- Complex problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Creative and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner.
Communicates regularly with colleagues and management.
Uses computer frequently.
Moves objects weighing 50 lbs.
Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Interactive Intelligence Group Inc. (Nasdaq: ININ) is a global provider of contact center, unified communications, and business process...