Distribution Lead - 2nd Shift
This front-line supervisor is responsible for managing day-to-day operational tasks within the Distribution Center. Production-related activities range from establishing priorities, assigning daily workload/production targets, completing production reports and monitoring task sheets for accuracy. Leadership activities involve daily communication of goals and expectations, one-on-one production feedback to hourly team members, delegating effectively, addressing issues and resolving conflict in a manner which reflects our core values. Summary:
- Entry-level management position with the opportunity for growth
- Hands-on management support role working directly with team members in the Distribution Center Operation
- Key Responsibilities center on:
o Setting Direction - Plan and communicate daily priorities and execution strategies to meet department objectives
o Monitoring Productivity - Evaluate hourly progress against daily targets of team members
o Training- Ensure procedures are followed and understood. Maintain quality and accuracy.
o Team Member Communication - Regular feedback to team members regarding performance to production standards and organizational information
o Leadership - Positive, result and solution-driven leadership style to support department goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs ( Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent operations work experience preferred
- Proven ability to analyze data, identifying trends and driving improved performance
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexible and receptive to change
This is an hourly position.
Sterling offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401 ( k). We also offer a generous merchandise discount and a workplace fitness center.
Sterling Jewelers Inc. - 2 years ago