SUMMARY (BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB)
Provides executive management support in planning, organizing and directing fiscal related functions to include financial reporting and analysis, efficient processing of accounts payable and payroll and accurate fixed asset tracking. Also supports budgeting, planning, forecasting and cash management activities as requested. As a member of the management staff of the Grady Health System, contributes to organizational improvement and efficiency, to the development of Health System policies and procedures and to the implementation and monitoring of those procedures based on the mission and goals of the Health System. Under the direction of the Vice President of Financial Reporting, is responsible for the effective operation of the following departments: General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Payroll.
SUMMARY (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES)
· Develops an effective and efficient finance team to support the organization. Assesses staff and resource needs and addresses as appropriate. Mentors, coaches, train, and develop staff.
· Ensures a high level of productivity and strong work ethic of staff. Provides evaluations on a timely basis and provides constructive criticism and discipline as warranted. Ensures appropriate distribution of workload and alignment of resources.
· Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, and establishes and revises policies for areas of responsibility. Monitors performance against goals.
· Ensures an effective operation of all areas of responsibility through an organizational structure which provides efficient work flow patterns, proper delegation of responsibilities, appropriate supervision and training, and timely reporting of information.
· Recommends opportunities to contain costs, increase efficiency, improve internal controls and enhance revenues throughout the organization.
· Assists in the direction and coordination of the design, development, modification and implementation of financial systems and ensures that appropriate internal controls are supported.
· Oversees the production of timely and accurate financial statements on a monthly basis for executive management review.
· Oversees an efficient and effective close process that includes adequate account reconciliation and analysis.
· Conducts monthly closing meetings with accounting staff and division leadership in order to review financial statements for accuracy and gain an understanding of significant historical and budget variances.
· Oversees the preparation of information by the fiscal division as required by the appointed independent auditors. Conducts and reviews analyses of significant variances and trends in the financial performance of the organization to identify potential weaknesses in controls and policies or issues or opportunities requiring attention.
· Supports the effective management of cash flows and developing cash flow forecasts.
· Attends all required meetings. Serves on project teams and attends meetings as assigned to properly represent the Fiscal Division.
· Maintains professional affiliations and ensures continuing self-development in all related fields of expertise including but not limited to health care, finance, accounting, economics, information systems and federal and local laws and regulations.
· Baccalaureate degree in Accounting or Finance.
· CPA or MBA preferred.
· Ten years of relevant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience; very strong analytical, interpersonal and managerial skills are needed; as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
· Must be able to develop and present financial presentations.
· Proven management leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate staff. Strong understanding of internal controls and proven track record of accomplishments relative to process redesign and improvement.
· Competencies with Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Understanding of general ledger and other financial applications and functionality desirable. Understanding of healthcare finance and related matters preferred.
Physical requirements are minimal with occasional standing or walking; minimal lifting or other physical exertion. Requires close and distance vision; the ability to talk, hear and manual dexterity.
Grady Health System
- 2 years ago - save job