Superior Technical Resources is partnering with our Hillsboro based client in search of a CAD/Cadence Engineer for 18 months contract opportunity.
Talent and Resources, Aligned. www.superiorjobs.com. EOE M/F/D/V
- Responsible for creating and modifying detailed drawings of printed circuits (layout) and/or electro mechanical systems.
- He or she may check design layouts and detailed drawings against product standards. He or she will provide input regarding scheduling and forecasting.
- He or she will maintain his or her own computer work environment and manage his or her own project files, including archiving files at the end of a project.
- He or she may be required to create/update library symbols to support their own projects and those of others.
- Recent familiarity with Cadence 16.3 and its constraint manager.
- Familiarity with mechanical CAD required, Pro-E in particular a plus.
- Experience with Cadence library creation
Required Skills / Qualifications:
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and proficiency using PCB layout tools such as Cadence Allegro, AutoCAD, PCAD and PROTEL.
- Minimum of 10 years experience with very dense, multilayer board(10+) designs
Minimum Experience (yrs):
- Education: relevant certifications and/or degree(s)
- Schematic capture in cadence concept is a plus
- Ability to create scripts and modify workstation environment for productivity a plus.
- Knowledge of high density interconnects and fine pitch parts.
- Knowledge of High Speed serial circuit design and layout requirements (PCIe, USB, etc.).
- Knowledge of low noise part placement and routing techniques.
- Experience with high current and high rail count designs.
- Expertise in layout (part placement) floor planning architectures, and layout, part placement, and routing studies.
- Experience with layout, routing and timing, constraints (Constraint Manager entry).
- Familiarity with DFM, DFA, DFT requirements (Valor experience)
- Understanding of component placement sensitivities and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Highly motivated individual with a 'can-do' attitude, willingness to take informed risks in order to achieve team goals.
- Experience with streamlining layout tasks and processes (scripting, customization of environment, etc).
- Demonstrated track record of making and meeting commitments
If you have an existing account, click here to log in and also apply to this position. Otherwise, click on "Apply Now" below to create an account.
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
© 2010 Superior Group
- Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
Superior Group Inc. - 12 months ago