Support existing manufacturing processes and technology transfer to new US based manufacturing site. Position will focus on supporting cell culture or purification operations in the production of the flu cell culture vaccine.
- Manufacturing support activities including process mapping, process troubleshooting, process improvement, process management and supporting DOE experiments based on Six-Sigma methodologies
- Person-in-plant during start-up full-scale development, validation runs, and ongoing commercial manufacturing runs
- Support preparation of for process scale-up, process transfer and process validation
- Participate in technical risk assessment for process issues and changes
- Assist in technical studies for at-scale and scale-down studies to support new strain introduction and process improvements Minimum requirements Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Biological Sciences or related field. Advanced degree such as M.S. or specialization/training in biotechnology preferred.
- 2+ years of successful experience in process development or manufacturing support of biotechnology derived vaccines or biopharmaceuticals is required
- In-depth knowledge and work experience in cell culture or purification is required
- Experience in technology transfer, scale-up, and new GMP facility design project support is required
- Demonstrated laboratory skills including associated analytical methods is desirable
- Must be able to effectively partner with diverse team members from various functions and at various levels in organization.
Novartis - 2 years ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...