ZS Associates is a global management consulting firm specializing in sales and marketing strategy, operations and execution. ZS is recognized for its expertise in go-to-market and sales force strategies and its downstream implementation capabilities. ZS helps companies achieve sales success by delivering both issue-specific solutions and large-scale business transformations.
With 19 offices and 1,500 people worldwide, we have concentrated our resources on creating competitive advantage in sales and marketing for our clients in selected industries. Our focus has enabled us to develop an unmatched depth of knowledge and base of experience. ZS also has a unique working environment. Our work is challenging, intense and highly quantitative, yet our interactions are direct and informal.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Data Control Analyst position to join our Evanston, IL Headquarters. Qualified candidates will possess the skills detailed below and relevant experience.
As a Data Control Analyst, you will work to support the Financial Systems Administrator in maintaining data integrity by creating, managing and analyzing financial and business information. You will be expected to contribute as a valued team member to streamline business processes using Microsoft technologies. Specific tasks include:
- Planning, designing and creating SQL Server databases and scripts to extract data from the accounting database and tables
- Managing and upgrading established processes while troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Monitoring and managing existing databases for performance bottlenecks while documenting procedures and processes that are currently in place
- Administering the accounting system (CMS/Aderant) by applying upgrades and customizing forms and reports
- Working with the integration of other third-party applications that utilize the information within the Aderant database and tables
- Optimizing SQL statements for better performance
- Configuring and managing security
What are we looking for?
A Data Control Analyst who possesses the following characteristics:
Technical expectations include proficiencies in the following:
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or Finance (Accounting coursework a plus) with record of high academic achievement
- 0-2 years relevant working experience
- Extensive knowledge of SQL-server, MS-Access and MS-Excel
- Experience working with indexing and stored procedures
- Strong systems and data analytical skills
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and work under the pressure of deadlines
We offer a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives; complete medical, dental, and life insurance programs; and 401(k) retirement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- Working knowledge in database and data warehousing best practices
- Capability to test, implement, and support applications/reports
- Knowledge in performance tuning and backup and recovery
- MS Analysis Services and Reporting Services a plus
As part of our application process, we request candidates complete an informational survey. Please be prepared with the following information for the survey when applying:
Please apply online at zsassociates.apply2jobs.com for the Data Control Analyst position.
- Cover letter/Statement
- Cumulative GPA for all post-high school academic work
- Transcripts (we provide you with a fax number and email address in the survey)
- Availability dates
- Salary history
- Work authorization status
Candidates interested in positions in North America, must be citizens, permanent residents, or possess permanent work authorization for, the country of intended employment (US or Canada). Fluency in English is required.
ZS Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
ZS Associates - 3 years ago