Low Power Display Design Engineer
Job Description: Component Design Engineers are responsible for the design and development of electronic components. Responsibilities may include: the design of chip layout circuit design, circuit checking, device evaluation and characterization, documentation of specifications, prototype construction and checkout, modification and evaluation of semiconductor devices and components, performing developmental and/or test work, reviewing product requirements and logic diagrams, planning and organizing design projects or phases of design projects. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
Candidate will be specifically responsible developing Low Power Display engine and interfaces to meet SOC architecture specification. As part of this work, the candidate shall be working as a component design engineer that can lead debug of performance and power by working with pre-silicon and post-silicon validation teams, ensures platform and its components have the best performance, area cost, and power balance focusing on graphics/display hardware components. Research and development of next generation platform designs to continually improve the performance.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following behavioral skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication / Leadership skills
- Good organizational, time management and multitasking skills
- Strong initiative and discipline to follow-through
The candidate must possess the necessary skills to collaborate and work within team and communicate with cross-discipline technologists. Qualified candidate must possess in depth knowledge of 2D pipeline and a keen understanding of the HW/SW interaction and pitfalls.
- Bachelor degree + 7 years or Masters + 5 years in Computer or Electrical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of Display and Memory Sub-system experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in R&D of one or more following display interfaces: MIPI DSI, HDMI, Display Port, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Verilog/VHDL RTL languages
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in C/C++ programming and development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with hands-on display and memory design and architecture experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with display pipeline, memory access and arbitration strategy
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with 2D/3D computer graphics theory and API knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with component architectures, semiconductor technology, low power circuits and design methodology
Nov 13, 2012
Nov 14, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion