Postal/Zip Code: 49246
Michigan Paving and Materials, a vertically integrated Oldcastle Inc. company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.michiganpaving.com, www.stoneco.net or our parent company at www.oldcastle.com.
Quarry Loader Operator– Stoneco West (Horton and Byron Center, MI)
We are currently seeking candidates for a Quarry Loader Operator position at our Horton and Byron Center locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions )
- Know safety policies and requirements
- Able to work in accordance with MSHA regulations
- Must wear proper PPE’s at all times
- Will fill customer trucks with product using heavy equipment such as a loader
- Responsible for tracking materials in the yard
- Must maintain constant communication with Scale Operator
- Needs to be aware of all traffic in quarry and follow all safe practices while operating heavy equipment
- Must not overfill a customer’s truck with product
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment a must
- Mechanical experience a plus
- Previous work in aggregates a strong plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be considered.
- Work will be performed in an outdoor setting. Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, climbing ladders, bending, twisting. Required to lift up to 20lbs with or without assistance.
- This position will work outdoors in an aggregate open pit mine from approximately March through November. This position is subject to outside conditions.
We only accept applications through our website
Search job requisition number #25494
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Michigan Paving and Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Michigan Paving and Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...