Komatsu Equipment services all makes and models of equipment. The company serves many markets that require off road machinery by providing top quality equipment, supported by excellent repair and rebuild facilities, field service capabilities, well trained mechanics and a multimillion dollar parts inventory.
Every branch of Komatsu Equipment Company offers new, used and rental equipment. The company assures excellent service support with an extensive parts inventory, highly trained service personnel and on-site maintenance to eliminate travel and minimize downtime. Preventive Maintenance programs are offered to help avoid unexpected repairs, and several different financing options are always available.
The company offers a broad range of equipment, including articulated trucks, asphalt rollers, backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, excavators, mobile crushers, motor graders, rigid frame trucks, shovels, skid steer loaders, soil compactor, water towers, wheel dozers, wheel loaders, heavy duty mining equipment, and a complete line of ground engaging tools and attachments including couplers, buckets, forks, hydraulic brooms, and hydraulic hammers. This equipment supports many different industries—residential and commercial construction, highway construction, paving, agriculture, demolition, energy, environmental, government, infrastructure, industrial, landscaping and nursery, mining, quarry, sand and gravel, salvage, and utility.
Komatsu Equipment has a major component repair center in Salt Lake City. In addition, Salt Lake City is the training center for Komatsu’s Western Region.
Komatsu Equipment Company sells only the reliable equipment brands—Komatsu, American Compaction, Amulet, CWS, Fleetguard, Geith, Henke, Hensley, JRB, LaBounty, Magnum, Mega, PSM, Sakai, Werk-Brau, and Woods.
Lead and manage KEC branch location service and parts functions and all after market customer product support activities.
Coordinate with all corporate functions and other branches to ensure consistent and profitable programs for the sale and delivery of quality products and services to KEC’s customers.
1. Manage the branch profit and loss for parts and service. Develop and manage attainment of annual and mid-year sales and strategic plan to maximize use of corporate inventory investment, staffing levels and meet market expectations for delivery and product or services. Develop and manage branch expense budgets and monthly forecasts. Prepare accurate and timely branch monthly reports.
2. Manage the daily branch administration and operations including product delivery, services and product support of new and used equipment, parts and value-added-services in the branch territory, matrixing with the appropriate corporate functional management, to maximize margin dollars, profitability and share of market for parts and services. Ensure adequate market and prospect/deal coverage by qualified company personnel.
3. Manage inventory levels, parts turns, availability in compliance with corporate policies and guidelines for market delivery requirements, facilitate efficient management and operations, and maintain internal control for all activities.
4. Manage local market analyses in coordination with corporate marketing function, including market drivers and competition; to facilitate stocking, ordering and planning of OEM parts.
5. Develop, review and negotiate all product support, commitment and performance agreements before the sale, for accuracy, capability, consistency and post-sale performance with the appropriate KE corporate function, and assure that related back-to-back commitments from the OEM and related vendors are obtained on a timely basis by branch or corporate functions for all RAMP, Cost Cap, special guarantees and warranties to adequately define scope of responsibilities, potential risk exposure and programs to successfully manage contract performance, dispute resolution and exit strategy.
6. Direct sale of service maintenance contracts, labor agreements and other value added activities to increase sales of services
7. Manage, monitor and measure branch employee and facility safety programs to ensure compliance with applicable local, state and U.S. Federal codes. Ensure that Safety and related programs are effectively communicated to all branch employees on a regular basis. Ensure minimum annual safety training programs are conducted for employees.
8. Manage the regular and effective communication of the business activity and motivation of branch employees. Ensure the adequate and ongoing training of all branch personnel for required skills to carry out the business strategy. Ensure that annual performance reviews/assessments and yearly goal setting is conducted for every employee during the first calendar quarter of every year. Participate in regional industry-related organizations.
9. Manage the corporate assets and cash flow with efficient warranty claim processing administration, maximized warranty recovery from OEM and related vendor expenses and effective WIP closeouts to ensure completeness and finality on a timely basis.
10. Performs additional duties as required to achieve company goals and increase overall company profitability.
Strong organizational, leadership and management skills. Ability to work with customers, motivate employees and work with internal departments to achieve desired results.
Strong verbal and written communication skills including PC skills.
Knowledge of Komatsu products and the construction utility, rental and mining industries.
Associate degree, bachelor preferred, or 15 years in industry.
Understanding of business operations, including accounting, credit, engineering, product support and sales functions.
General knowledge of computer software and its utilization potential, particularly Microsoft Office and web browsers
Komatsu America Corp. - 22 months ago