Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology and management services focused on the federal government. We advise, design, integrate and deliver solutions that transform how clients achieve their missions. Our customer-first approach, robust portfolio of services and global experience enable us to respond with solutions that achieve outcomes with value. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco Inc. has approximately 9,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.5 billion and is part of a $6.6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Personnel & Social Services
The Defense Personnel Services Business Unit has approximately 2000 employees and operates at hundreds of locations across the United States and overseas in Korea, Japan, Italy, and Germany. We provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement.
This position performs a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, providing Part Time On-Call contractor Identification Card Administration to Government clients as a DEERS/RAPIDS Site Security Manager at the base or site level. Candidate must be available to provide services Monday-Friday, 0720-1600 and work one Saturday per month, 0800-1200. The selected candidate will work for three consecutive weeks at 40 hours for training and then will be placed in an on-call status. Local travel required. Duties include:
The SSM acts as the site POC for RAPIDS-related matters
• Responsible for managing the security of RAPIDS workstations that are under his/her purview.
• Act as the primary site POC for RAPIDS-related matters.
• Maintain the Site Roster of RAPIDS users. Add and assign roles for the various categories of RAPIDS users.
• Request a new DEERS logon ID for a new user, delete a DEERS logon ID, and up-date the security privileges on a previously issued DEERS logon ID.
• Deactivate and report security violators.
• Report SSM changes immediately to DEERS Security
• Maintain the Site Information (i.e. site name, site location address, site phone numbers, and site mailing address).
• View or update the RAPIDS configuration utilities when needed.
• Be accountable for all CAC-related stock items, including CAC cardstock, non-ICC cardstock, and printer consumables.
• To preserve accountability for CAC cardstock, the SSM must follow the prescribed Issuance Logistic Portal acceptance procedures, including signing for stock, verifying card numbers in the carton, and accepting/rejecting each carton of a CAC shipment before the CAC UP can issue CACs from that carton.
• Register, process and maintain the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and the Real-Time Automated Identification System (RAPIDS) as part of a Verifying Official's responsibilities.
• Perform all ID Card and CAC issuance related tasks to include researching and reviewing source documents, verifying eligibility, and discussing entitlements as defined in AFI 36-3026_IP and the RAPIDS Training Guide.
• Issues memorandums of authorization for use of Commissary and Post Exchange to eligible customers.
• Perform routine operator maintenance on RAPIDS workstations and printers, i.e. change lamination, add toner, clean printers, etc.
• Ensure maximum protection against compromise and theft of sensitive information and prevent the misuse or misappropriation of RAPIDS.
• Ensure that all assigned RAPIDS workstations are operated, maintained, and secured according to these security procedures. Maintain a file copy of the generic or type accreditation statement, and prepare unit-specific recommendations, through the appropriate chain of command, for input into the accreditation document, as required.
• Implement training and awareness for RAPIDS security, and incorporate this training into the overall unit security and RAPIDS training programs.
• Ensure that their unit’s contingency plans incorporate RAPIDS requirements.
• Review the system audit trail. Investigate thoroughly any security violations, in coordination with the Security Manager. Ensure the RAPIDS audit trails are reviewed at least weekly and that audit files are maintained for thirty days.
• Immediately report any information system security incidents discovered regarding RAPIDS in accordance with Appendix K – Incident Response Plan.
• Report incidents to the Identification Card Administration Project Management Office.
• Immediately report any attempt to gain unauthorized access to Sensitive defense information, any system failure, or any suspected defect that could lead to unauthorized disclosure.
Required Skills and Experience:
Must be a US Citizen and possess excellent customer service skills. Personnel must speak, read, and comprehend English to the extent that they can read and understand printed regulations, detailed written orders, operating procedures, training instructions and materials. Must undergo a pre-employment criminal background check, and a subsequent security investigation that is favorably adjudicated prior to operating or having access to DEERS/RAPIDS equipment. Local travel required.
Desired Qualifications: Previous ID card facility experience and knowledge of the military desired. A recent valid security clearance and personnel service support experience a plus. Candidate should have strong oral communication skills, must be a team player, dependable and possess a professional attitude and demeanor. Time management skills, ability to interact with all personalities within a military environment, and demonstrated problem solving skills are strongly desired.
Employment Type: Part time
Career Level: Entry Level
Serco employs over 100,000 people in more than 30 countries, delivering local services informed by many years of international experience...