Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Minimum 6 months to 1 year of experience in Labor and Delivery (Scrub exp. required)
Current Illinois RN license
Good communication skills
Good time management and organizational skills
Familiarity with patient care equipment
Earn 10 continuing education credits annually
Has demonstrated proficiency for the requirements for NC I
This Labor and Delivery nursing position will circulate to post and anti-partum as well as nursery rotations.
The RN staff nurse assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned patients.
A Nurse Clinician II plans and sets goals which demonstrate a holistic approach to patients and families.
Assumes leadership responsibilities at the unit level. Demonstrates a mastery of clinical skills.
1. Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum
2. Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and familys right to receive quality, cost effective care
3. Patient/Staff Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes. Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues.
4. Nursing Process: Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem-solving model.
5. Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others.Nurse/Patient Relationships Assesses the various communication needed based on age (infant/adolescent and adult); Provides family-centered care; Demonstrates comprehensive approaches for bereaving families;
Assuring/Improving Quality Care
Controls environment to facilitate optimal labor, delivery, post-partum, and gynecological experiences;
Maintains secure environment for mothers and infants;
Maintains safety measures for post-partum, antepartum, gynecological, and newborn patients.Education/Competency
Completes and maintains competency in NRP;
Completes required CEUs in EFM.
Completes all unit and hospital competencies.
Provides nursing care as outlined in policies and procedures;
Communicates patient status to physicians and other health care providers.
Consistently identifies early signs and symptoms of patients
conditions and utilizes appropriate intervention to minimize complications.
Collaborates with other units to deliver family-centered care.
Participates in preparation for regulatory requirements.
Demonstrates knowledge of standards of care and regulatory requirements.
ADDENDUM TO JOB DESCRIPTIONS RELATED TO PATIENT SAFETY
Report patient safety events and near misses in timely fashionAdhere to all behavioral and procedural patient safety practicesPromote culture of safety through identifying threats to patient safety and intervening to prevent patient harmCommunicate openly and promote team workReport intimidating behavior and other threats to patient safety promptly
Advocate Health Care - 10 months ago